PDA

View Full Version : Could someone at Cottesmore ops..

Al R
3rd Oct 2008, 08:30
.. please pass a message to the 3 Harrier pilots currently just to the south of Cottesmore at about 1000 feet?

Message starts.

I am watching you closely through my compact and light, yet high performance binoculars I received from those nice people at Octane magazine. I do not pay income tax simply to allow the likes of you to enjoy yourselves with a casual dissregard for others who may be watching. Grow up! Please stop it immediately and start showing those elderly airframes some respect or I shall have to tell the newspapers'.

Message ends.

Thank you.

PS: You had better be ready to change into blues when you land. It might go some way towards restoring public confidence in the RAF, you hooligans!

stickmonkeytamer
3rd Oct 2008, 08:42
How could the Ops Staff be watching through their high powered binos? There are none in the office, and the windows are facing to the North...:ok:

You must always think throught your messages prior to transmitting...

If you really knew what the 3 jets were doing, you might change your mind...;) Guess what 4 months a years is spent doing...

SMT

Vox Populi
3rd Oct 2008, 09:06
Grow up! Please stop it immediately and start showing those elderly airframes some respect or I shall have to tell the newspapers'.

Not sure what you can see, but bit harsh?

These blokes are rotating through Afghanistan at a ridiculous rate under enormous pressure to get everything else done in time to support that.

Frankly I don't care what they do, if it's pure fun they deserve it. If it's not (which, by the sounds of post #2, it is not) then put your nice bins down and go back to shouting at the TV, or whatever it is you normally do.

vp.

ShyTorque
3rd Oct 2008, 09:18
I do not pay income tax simply

You should pay income tax simply. Pay up now or I'll contact the newspapers.

And stop trying to wind folks up, you're only jealous ;)

Al R
3rd Oct 2008, 09:27
;).......................

exscribbler
3rd Oct 2008, 10:58
What happened to the binocular you liberated from that nice U-boat Captain in 1943? :E

Anyway, Look North will be on soon and you can tell Christa all about those noisy aircraft.

Al R
3rd Oct 2008, 11:34
.. do you think Crista heard it too? :eek:

It is of little consequence. I shall assume that my barrage was received at a suitable level because the noise has now abated and the only sound to be heard is the cool Autumnal air drifting off the Water and playfully tugging at the hem of my sturdy but timeless winter coat.

nacluv
3rd Oct 2008, 13:33
Is the ale slipping down the throat particularly easily this afternoon, Al?? ;)

Al R
3rd Oct 2008, 13:43
Alas Nackers - far too busy putting other people first. :{

Tourist
3rd Oct 2008, 16:18
Fantastic. Another pointless AIDU post.:ok:

well, someone had to say it.........

Black 'n Yellar
3rd Oct 2008, 18:22
Al R
Those boys making noise are the reason why you can enjoy your autumn breeze. Suck it up, it is the sound of freedom

Jobza Guddun
3rd Oct 2008, 18:37
Never mind Al, at least some of us got it straight away....:)

Faithless
3rd Oct 2008, 18:38
because the noise has now abated and the only sound to be heard is the cool Autumnal air drifting off the Water and playfully tugging at the hem of my sturdy but timeless winter coat.

And your moaning you old fart:=:*

BEagle
3rd Oct 2008, 18:45
Satire is lost on the ignorant, Al!

Particularly on that thrush AIDU......

Zoom
3rd Oct 2008, 22:07
...the cool Autumnal air drifting...

Lucky s*d. It's a freezing winter gale howling 30 miles to your west.

Vox Populi
5th Oct 2008, 16:20
Ok, I feel a bit had.

I enjoy my banter, but this was all too subtle for me...care to elucidate for the hard of thinking...?

TiffyFGR4
5th Oct 2008, 17:15
To the 3 Harrier lads, if any of you read this, (Which I very much doubt but hey, never know). Just...If you can....Fly a little bit lower, faster & harder...Just to annoy the hell out of some people & their pussies, (Cats), you know the ones that like to complain just for the shear hell of it, the kind of people that sit down to watch Top Gear on a Sunday evening with a note pad & pen ready to write down something to complain about then send it into that miserable, crappy, waste of life, magazine with it's nasty bits of crap known as the TV Times the next week, or even worse, write, phone, email or whatever & moan to that show (If you can call it that) "Points Of View" that Mr & Misses Toffee Nose Middle Class Morons have time in their miserable little lives like to watch....Those silly breeds of humans.

Ohhh dear-o-dear....I'm beginning to sound just like "One Of Them". Top Gear is on soon so I'll be back to normal, nice-nice!

And also, to the Harrier chaps once again, come up to Newcastle, quayside area & put on a show for everyo.......ME, do a few loops, fly under the Tyne Bridge etc, please.........Ohhhh go on.....Pretty please? With a cherry on top! http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/badteeth.gif

Stitchbitch
5th Oct 2008, 21:32
Al R :ok: Reel 'em in.

Beatriz Fontana
5th Oct 2008, 21:39
They can fly over my place anytime. I'll swap you, Al R, for the wokkas that regularly buzz over here. Even on Friday afternoons, I ask you!

Al R
6th Oct 2008, 07:22
Hi Beattie,

No you can keep those things, thanks. :ok:

I enjoy the sound of Harriers and was trying (badly) to be ironic. There have been many times I have tried for them to get even lower but thats another story. Round these 'ere parts we're very proud of the boys*, in fact - I was leaving the gym last week and was thrilled (yes, it might sound girly but I have a sensitive side too) to have been buzzed by The Reaper, the Spitfire and the Hurricane making their way home over a gloomy Rutland Water. Long may they all fill the air.

Sorry for any possible confusion.

* similar genders may also be applicable.

Beatriz Fontana
6th Oct 2008, 08:55
I miss being buzzed by the Warthogs.

Actually, I really miss being buzzed by Vulcans. Now that was a sound and a half, and probably shattered my low frequency hearing ability.

Wader2
6th Oct 2008, 09:58
I really miss being buzzed by Vulcans. Now that was a sound and a half, and probably shattered my low frequency hearing ability.

Gets fingers out and starts counting :}