PDA

View Full Version : dont waste ur life with cabair

kuwait-fo
1st Oct 2008, 21:43
hello guys,,im currently a student with cabair in cranfield:ugh:and sponsered by kuwait airways,just gonna say to u if you want to waste ur time by waitingg and waiting this is the best place to do so,ground school no problems but flying school is a disaster:ouch:
for me i supposed to finish b4 3 months but now i have to add more 3 months to it ,every one here suffer frm this ,u wait in a que for each exam about 1 month during this u do nothing im serious guys you stay in mitchell hall doing nothing:(and its like that for for exams pt1,2,3,4 add to that 2 extra months for pt4 profile and exam maybe u do 5 sim hours if you are lucky though.thats at least 4 months off your life and u need it to find a job which is difficult in these days.
i knew some guys here waited 8 weeks for the pt4 which is not acceptable:=
i just wanted to say if you seriously want to be a pilot dont join this school dont believe what you hear about having big fleet yes it has but with 100 students flying 9 aircrafts u dont expect to do finish early.

student88
1st Oct 2008, 22:07
Have you aired your concerns with the schools staff? I'm not too sure you've gone about your complaint in the most professional manner! Are there many Kuwait Airways sponsored cadets at Cabair? Do they feel the same?

It could be worse, you could be self sponsored! I bet many guys would love to be in your position knowing that if all goes well they've got a place with a major carrier!

S88:ok:

JohnRayner
1st Oct 2008, 22:26
Dunno about Cabair but the Great British Summer weather certainly screwed with my training this past few weeks!

Don't most people who CPL in this country have their training extended due to bad weather?

Maybe a better plan would've been to train somewhere with year round reliable, sunny weather.... :E

Celtic Pilot
2nd Oct 2008, 09:34
I agree with Student 88... You must approach head of training and voice your concerns.... It may only be a matter of opinion... Imagine how people paying their own accomodation feels like if this happened to them...

Im going to cabair now at the end of october and I'll tell you, if that happened to me, i wouldnt be long voicing my complaint or opinions.. It may be an intergrated course and you may be sponsored but that doesnt mean that you can sit back and relax and expect everyhting to be done for you.... BAD attitude to go into aviation with....

smith
2nd Oct 2008, 22:14
rayner

Maybe a better plan would've been to train somewhere with year round reliable, sunny weather....

As he is sponsored by kuwait airways he reall didn't have a choice.

Celtic

It may be an intergrated course and you may be sponsored but that doesnt mean that you can sit back and relax and expect everyhting to be done for you.... BAD attitude to go into aviation with....
Yesterday 23:26

I think more experinced pilots would prefer to fly with kuwait fo than with a jumped up little $h!T€ like you.

Celtic Pilot
3rd Oct 2008, 07:58
smith....

one thing to say.....""mature a little please""""

The quote meant that you have to push schools to get everyting done as close to the finishing time as possible, as if you don't I cant see them pushing you as they are your wee ma and da... Thats advice from people thats been there and to be quite to the point, I don't really give a **** about your advice...oops i forgot you have none.... you just jump on other peoples comments..mmmm that makes you the jumper little ****e...

But then again smith, your probably babysat by your ma and da.... :rolleyes:

sketchy
3rd Oct 2008, 08:37
Celtic,

In your previous 70 odd posts, I don't think you have managed to put across one articulate point. Your last post just sounds like drunken drivel! Are you pissed, or just a 13 year old dreamer?

daria-ox
3rd Oct 2008, 18:53
English would be a good start..

You can't sit back and do nothing. Push the school to the limits. It's not all going to be done for you. Welcome to the real life.

A and C
4th Oct 2008, 09:13
Once you start the trainning and they have your money it matters little how much you "talk" to the management.......... they will have you by the balls and they know it!

Do your self a favour and take your money to a reputable establishment.

spinnaker
4th Oct 2008, 09:47
kuwait-fo

If you are sponsored, technically it is your sponsor that is the customer of Cabair. Is there someone you can talk to at Kuwait Airways? They may be aware of a training backlog and not passed this on to you. They could also be completely in the dark. What you don't want to happen, is go blazing in, only to find that the issue has already been discussed with your sponsor. Highly embarrassing and shows an oversight in communication on your part.

I would go about it this way:

Contact your sponsor and tell them of your concerns. Be 100% accurate, if they take the matter up for you, they wont appreciate being shot down by the FTO because of inaccurate information.

If your sponsor wants you to talk to the FTO, then gather all of your information, ask for your student records if appropriate. Lay everything out in an easily understandable fashion, preparation is every thing. Write down what your complaint is. Be polite and factual, you will be handing a copy of this to the FTO

Then, and only then, ask for an appointment to see the School Principal/Chief Flying Instructor. Take all your evidence with you to the meeting and discuss how things have gone wrong, in chronological order and a business like fashion. At the end of your meeting, give him a copy of the list that you pre-prepared.

Best of luck