PDA

View Full Version : Oxford PPL Exam Preparation Training CD

PintofT
30th Sep 2008, 21:33
Is it worth buying?

I'm working towards my PPL and would like to use all available resources that offer good value for money. Needless to say I'm going through the books, writing notes and have the simplifier lined up for exam prep...

Would the cd rom be a little over the top?

Thanks for your thoughts!

PoT

mccourtm
1st Oct 2008, 13:34
I bought a few of the Cds and found them to be of great benefit. I also used the books though. I find with books that you need to sit down for no less than half an hour in order to get anything covered. With the CDs, however, if you've 10 minutes free here and there that you'll get quite a bit more covered.

papa600
2nd Oct 2008, 07:48
I recently bought the Oxford CD set not as a learning tool during training (I used Thom) but as something to refer back to to brush up as a refresher. They are excellent - I agree the voiceovers are a bit twee at times but the graphics often go a long way to explaining in seconds what you would need to read and visualise over several pages of a book.

I wish I had bought them during training as there were a couple of sticky topics I struggled to get my head around but the CD's approach made it perfectly clear first time around.

Recommended ... but not cheap.