PDA

View Full Version : FAA CPL to JAR CPL(A) Help??!!

C150CAPTAIN
30th Sep 2008, 17:02
Looking to convert my FAA CPL to UK equivalent. Attempted this at ATPL level 10 years ago but failed 3 of the exams (twice) so gave up! I'm Back for more punishment but this time aiming slightly lower with CPL's -to hopefully give myself a better chance of success. I'm planing on doing correspondence for the ground school but have no clue as to which establishment will provide the best training. I have 800+hrs. Any advice appreciated!!

MIKECR
30th Sep 2008, 17:31
For ATPL's - Bristol Groundschool without a shaddow of a doubt. Best in the business.

For CPL theory - I think there's only AFT at Coventry or Cranfield Aviation Training. Both do distance learning.

Whirlygig
30th Sep 2008, 18:14
You need to think about why you now want CPL. With a JAA CPL, you wouldn't be able to fly multi-crew.

As for standard, the difficulty of the questions at CPL and ATPL is comparable; it's just that there is less volume to learn at CPL.

Cheers

Whirls

SW_US
1st Oct 2008, 03:05
Got a link for the Bristol ATPL JAR ground screwel?

Whirlygig
1st Oct 2008, 06:09
Yes, but a "please" would be nice.

Bristol groundschool advertise on pprune so you could always click on their advert. Alternatively, I hear Google is quite good at find things on the internet. :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

C150CAPTAIN
3rd Oct 2008, 09:45
Appreciate your replies, very helpful.