PDA

View Full Version : Flight Planing program ???

flieger
30th Sep 2008, 12:37
Hi looking for some advice ore any experience regarding the use of fllight planing program, what are you using and why ? Especialy when flying IFR in high altitudes like in a Citation. Hope there is some hard core user out there that can give me a clue what to use.:confused:
Best regards M. Stoltze

dc9-32
30th Sep 2008, 18:27
PM just sent. :ok:

ozmahseer
1st Oct 2008, 05:08
If you're planning citations, keep it simple, go to your local pilot shop and buy the most user friendly program that covers (i.e has a navigation database for) your area of operations.

I'm in Australia and we have some very nice local products, for international ops I used to use Jeppesen FliteStar you it was a while ago, but back then you paid for a subscription to a particular area, if set up correctly it can even be used for load control.

plans123
5th Oct 2008, 16:02
Personal preference, but I use a few Jeppesen products and to be honest, can't fault them. There are other available of course, but as I've only seen them and never used them, I can't really comment.

PT6A
5th Oct 2008, 20:23
I would give Jetplan.com a go.. they will give you a 3 week trial of the system.

It has more advanced features than flightstar.. features that can save you money in terms of fuel burn, and the routing it spits out... Infact I would say it is a must over flight star if your flying around Europe.

Again just my personal choice!

cl5b&scare
6th Oct 2008, 14:14
Well I have used both PPS (AIr Sipport) and Jeppesen, if its just Flight planning in Europe,then use PPS, maybe not as slick as Jeepy but a lot cheeper,, and with Jeepy you will never use 75% of what on offer, PPS is run by europeans and is good at inter europe, belive me ist a lot cheeper and just as good