PDA

View Full Version : R22 rental Thailand

GOT
29th Sep 2008, 19:08
Hello,

Going for vacation in late december to sunny Thailand and the thought entered my mind that maybe I could fly their and view the nice scenery from above! But I can't seem to find any information at all and I was, as always, hoping that maybe some of you could help me out!

Thanks!

GOT

TheMonk
29th Sep 2008, 20:43
THAI FLYING CLUB - General Aviation and Sport Flying in Thailand (http://www.thaiflyingclub.com/)

Monk

rotaryman
29th Sep 2008, 22:24
I can advise that there are no R22 Helicopters or any other Helicopters available for Private Hire in the Kingdom of Thailand.
:{

To fly at all in Thailand will require you to obtain a permit etc etc etc.

DCA is now requiring applicants for foreign license validation to take a Thai Air Law and Human Factors written exam before rendering foreign licenses valid for flight in Thailand.

Before you can do the above you must be a member of a Thai flying club also.

hef
30th Sep 2008, 01:29
My brother looked into this a few years back and he basically found out that it was going to be impossible.

He heard from a very reliable source that the Thai government tightly restrict everything to do with helicopters because they are afraid they may get into the hands of drug growers/manufacturers who will use them to fly into remote areas. May be just a rumour but it wouldn't surprise me.

carsickpuppy
30th Sep 2008, 02:33
It's a shame there's not much else to do in Thailand (!) :O

demon_duck
30th Sep 2008, 05:07
Not with a small chopper!:}

Runway101
30th Sep 2008, 05:28
He heard from a very reliable source that the Thai government tightly restrict everything to do with helicopters because they are afraid they may get into the hands of drug growers/manufacturers who will use them to fly into remote areas. May be just a rumour but it wouldn't surprise me.

Why do people always think drug smugglers or criminals in general would care about laws in the first place? If I'd be one of them, I'd get my R22 if I need it to fly my dope out of the bush. Who cares what the government says if you are producing drugs and the government is after you with guns???

Another reason that speaks for the Cabri, it's apparently silent and has a luggage compartment :}

PS: How about "transiting" through Thailand with N-registered helicopters?

Zed-Air
30th Sep 2008, 05:36
No helicopters but fixed wing's easy. EG: Chiangmai Flying Club Thailand. Our club operates from its own privateairstrip near Lamphun just 25 minutes drive from Chiangmai (http://www.cmflyingclub.com/home)

GOT
30th Sep 2008, 14:34
Thai flying club told me to contact Civil Aviation Training Centre at Huahin airport for a R22, however, I can't find any e-mail!

brandtzag, do you know how much the rate is?

GOT