PDA

View Full Version : Manchester low level corridor

Ringway Flyer
29th Sep 2008, 11:22
As a regular user of this route, I try to fly well to the right of the centre of the corridor, hoping that others might think the same way. From a safety perspective, this should reduce the probability of not seeing opposite direction traffic in time to react. (And yes, I DO try to keep a very good look out!) The obvious areas of increased danger are at the north and south ends of the route and the area to the east going to Barton What do you think?

bigelz1215
29th Sep 2008, 11:52
i've been doing that for 20 years , on the same principle - I fly the west edge going south and the east edge going north, also tend to fly 100 ft low i.e. 1150. Hopefully this will help keep me out of the way of others along with the mk 2 eyeball :).

soay
29th Sep 2008, 13:18
I'm going to be a fly in the ointment, because I prefer to keep to the east while passing Warrington, in case the engine quits. There's more open space there.

Cat.S
1st Oct 2008, 21:07
I too was taught fly right of centre, although I live in the LLR, about half a mile to the north of Haydock Race Course, and get a lot of traffic right overhead, going north and south and sometimes even east-west. I've even seen a couple of aircraft practising aerobatics!! Definitely a place for both swivel head and ATC contact.