PDA

View Full Version : Best CPL (A) ground school?

Squat-thrust
28th Sep 2008, 20:12
Now my work load has eased, I am now in a position to work towards my CPL + Flying Instructors rating.

I'm looking to instruct P/T and have no desire to work for the airlines, I'd like to know who is the best CPL (A) provider at the moment?

Brian304
28th Sep 2008, 22:26
For CPL(A) theory I would reccommend Bristol Groundschool. For CPL(A) flying training I would reccommend somewhere like BCFT, great instruction.

Brian304

Whirlygig
28th Sep 2008, 22:31
I'm not sure Bristol do CPL ground school. However, Atlantic Flight Training do!

Cheers

Whirls

XXPLOD
29th Sep 2008, 13:12
Have a look at Ground Training Services based at Bournemouth. I'm thinking along similar lines and they seem to be well established and thought of.

Pilot Ground Training (http://www.gtserv.co.uk/)

expedite08
29th Sep 2008, 16:26
Ground Training Services (GTS) are excellent. They do CPL and ATPL. Very professional with a no nonsense approach to thier training. Their manuals are very comprehensive and detailed, a little daunting at first sight but they are loosely based on AP3456 by the look of them which is the RAF manual of flying. I have a copy of that too and that is hard work!!!

All the guys are ex RAF too and very approachable. Being an ex Airman myslef I moulded in very well to thier methods of training and found them very comfortable to deal with. All in all a very good outfit, well worth a call.

Feel free to PM For more details.

Oh and they are attatched to a very good FTO too! Professional Air Training for your CPL!

Brian304
30th Sep 2008, 02:19
Yep totally agree, would also reccommend GTS in bournemouth. Excellent approach and would stick everything in your head needed, though I only did a brushup with them, it was very professional. Would reccommend quite a few schools in bournemouth actually.

Brian304:ok:

Squat-thrust
1st Oct 2008, 18:31
Thanks chaps will pay GTS a visit during the next few weeks.

Captain Stravaigin
1st Oct 2008, 20:02
I would re-iterate what has been said above. GTS is a gud school all round, manuals are gud, follow up and explanation on e-mail are gud and lecture exposition etc is excellent. Accomodation can be difficult to source close to the school - you really need a car. Class sizes allow gud interaction and time for your own questions.