PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Clothing

dynamicd
28th Sep 2008, 15:59
Greetings everyone!I am looking to buy good quality pilot shirts in South Africa.any pointers to pilot shops or regular stores that stock this will be appreciated.I found an online store on google called aviation engines and accessories any one know if they are good.

alpha-b
28th Sep 2008, 17:16
Wings and things is the best bet around JOBURG can't find other

Carrier
28th Sep 2008, 17:48
This topic came up on PPRuNe about six years ago. The general consensus seemed to be that the best pilot shirts come from Landerwood Corporation, 4108 Park Road, Suite 205, Charlotte, NC 28209, USA. The email address is [email protected] and telephone number is + 1 704-523-4474. Please mark your emails or letters for the attention of Joe Claar and quote code 2636 and mention this code if you are calling them. No, I am not Joe; just a very satisfied customer.
I bought five Landerwood pilot shirts six years ago and have been very pleased with the way they have worn, their fit, and the small conveniences of such items as the pocket design. Someone obviously put some thought into the design and has also ensured that they are made of first class material. The shirts come in different styles, fits and lengths. International shipping is usually by U. S. Global Priority Mail. Although I am Canadian I was flying in Jamaica when I bought my shirts and they were shipped to me there. I since flew in Africa for four years and am now back in Canada - with the shirts still going strong. Several pilots in Africa noticed the quality of my shirts, which is a tribute after several years of use, and asked where such shirts may be obtained. My previous pilot shirts that I bought from a pilot supply shop in the Toronto area not too long before going to Jamaica have been almost unused since the Landerwood shirts arrived.

f2000
29th Sep 2008, 04:50
Try Burger Bros. Northcliff, Jhb They do uniforms for Comair, NAC, etc.

Trawler
29th Sep 2008, 05:55
If you fly into Joburg you can go to Boundary Silk Bazaar in Pomona Road Kempton Park, short final for 21 R. They stock pilot clothing of fairly good qaulity.

Goffel
29th Sep 2008, 13:52
Trawler.

I beg to differ on their quality.......my pants did not even last 4 months.

I am not the only one to not think much of their quality.

Just my ten cents worth.

Goffel......by the rainy seaside.

406pilot
29th Sep 2008, 16:34
hola, please give more details on burger bros ?

goffel i have bought a few shirts from boundary silk bazaar, needless to say trawler was the guy who told us about the place back in 2004....the quality was not so bad, as far as i can remember...of course we wanted those open neck ones(summer) which legally allowed us not wear a tie...perhaps trawler will send us some from oz..

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

Goffel
29th Sep 2008, 20:12

The Bazaar used to have great quality in the old days..if I can remember correctly, they used to be the official supplier to SAFAIR and in those days, the quality was great.

I bought from them in 2006 and in 2007 and as I said, both times, did not last longer than 4 months.

They were not very helpful when I went back.......Maybe, (hopefully), it has improved.

A couple of the other guys had the same problem.

But, yes, to get good gear at the mo is a problem.

:ok:

f2000
30th Sep 2008, 10:43
Burger Bros 011 782 1055 speak to Poen. Quality consistant and good.

Addision
10th Oct 2008, 08:59
Beast clothing store kinkykinglatex...........................................
This website quality product and low price.All product are different color and different design....................................