PDA

View Full Version : regional air lines morocco

alphajet01
26th Sep 2008, 14:36
hello everyone ,
i m looking for some info about recruiting for first officer position salary , benefit , etc ...cant find nothing in their website ..
also hear they share with arabia
thank you

alphajet01
29th Sep 2008, 13:56
anyone work fot this compagny can give me any further info:ok:

concordino
29th Sep 2008, 23:21
Regional is about to undergo some major restructuring that will disolve the brand and the current operation as it stands.

2 1900's have been sold few months back and only one is currently operating.
beech ops is to stop very soon so it is a dead fleet.

The ATR ops is constrained by the Royal Air Maroc contract ongoing for few months.... and there have been no adverts for pilots on that one.

In general to work in Morocco as a foreigner you must meet the following:

1- hour on the type required ( min of 400 hours)
2- JAA licenses preferred and other ICAO licenses come second hand.

Good Luck :)

MozYank
30th Sep 2008, 00:47
Are they flying EMB 135's?

B-737
30th Sep 2008, 01:39
No they don't. Air arabia bought regional so by the end of this year/beginning of next year the brand will change and there will be A 320'S

Nightrider
30th Sep 2008, 11:12
but there will be a new Regional airlines, created by Royal Air Maroc and the type to be used is the ATR72. Will take some time before first flight.....

emirmorocan
30th Sep 2008, 11:46
Regional will operate the two RAM ATRs until July 2009, after that only God knows.:confused:

B-737
1st Oct 2008, 03:27
How can regional operate flights until july 2009???remember regional will not exist anymore after air arabia will begin flights in morocco , and it is due to happen by the end of this year with airbus 320'S
True that RAM will create a new company only for domestic flights which operates atr 42 and 72 , this company will be called atlas regional...Maybe they will start operations with these 2 atr's that are leased to regional...

emirmorocan
1st Oct 2008, 22:52
There is a contract between RAM and RAL , maybe for some reason RAL will not comply, but there is a contract......
About the A320s ... in the end of this year??? I would like to see...especially with Flydubai starting the operations in the backyard of Air Arabia:}

concordino
3rd Oct 2008, 00:37
With all the unclarity surrounding the Arabia-Regional deal, It is safe to say " don't believe it until you see it"

So far nothing official has been communicated. Arabia's way of doing business disagrees with the ongoing practices in Regional, add to that all the hoops and loops in dealing with the regulatory authorities there...

It even begs the question : why is this tie up so important to Arabia, when they have the better resources and operational expertise to get their own AOC...

This is a painful and lenghty C-section delivery operation... and that is why nothing has been annouced yet i think...:E

B-737
3rd Oct 2008, 03:55
Read that :

Khaleej Times Online - Air Arabia to launch Morocco hub (http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=/data/business/2008/September/business_September501.xml&section=business)

concordino
3rd Oct 2008, 10:18
While it is Good to see something written in the Gulf media, I am yet to see a similar thing in the Moroccan one :confused:

A start up of that magnitude should be well anticipated and publicised :hmm: