PDA

View Full Version : Choice of Avionics ?

hugel
26th Sep 2008, 06:54
I am studying the trend of equipment choice of avionics in airliner cockpits. With integrated systems rather than individual equipments now being installed, either at new or retrofit, it seems that choice of equipment is becoming more limited system-integrators offer take-it-or-leave-it solutions.

For example, what are the options for FMS , precision navigation or even head-up display for an A320 ? Is there a table somewhere that could show this ?

Would anyone like to comment on this ?

Thanks in advance
hugel

Spooky 2
26th Sep 2008, 21:52
Well don't hold me to this issue is pretty much a take it or leave on a new Boeing with a few exceptions. Examples for a new B777 might be as follows;

EFB Yes or No It's included in all future 777/787 deliveries but the questions is, how has it been configured and set up for utilization?

Radar Honeywell or Rockwell Collins

Most if not all the other VHF/HF/SATCOM/Xpndr, would typically be Honeywell or Collins

There are a host of options for the B777 FMS/ND/PFD indications and each airline picks from this list for their own configuration.

I recently saw a B777-200ER that seventy-two change orders for their particular configuration. Many of which were avionic tweaks over and above the standard Boeing configuration.

Obviously when you get to the cabin, galleys and IFE virtually anything is possible.

kijangnim
26th Sep 2008, 22:29
Greetings
On the Airbus world, you have to choose (BFE) between HLW, THALES for the FMS, Radios Between Rockwell collins, HWL, and Thales, the WX radar between HWL and Rockwell Collins, TAWS (terrain Avoidance Warning Systems ) between HWL EGPWS and Thales GCAS and for the TCAS between HWL and Thales.
For the HUD Thales only provides D-HUDs.