PDA

View Full Version : Salary Package for Senior Dispatcher ?

mrs_sultana
24th Sep 2008, 16:21
What can a dispatcher, who has passed the FAA exam, expect to be paid for a salary (ball park) and what extras, if anything, is included within the rumuneration package ?

What duties would you expect a Senior Dispatcher to have to undertake, which would not be included in the duties of an unqualified dispatcher?

Hope someone out there has the answers - thanks for your time.

mrs_sultana
26th Sep 2008, 09:29
I dont know which of the unwritten rules I broke when making this post, or maybe it is because I am a newbie and therefore an 'outsider'?

Before 'settling down' I too was in the Aviation Industry. Does that help ?

And my son asked me to ask this question, in case some of you think I am being a nosey mother.......................

no sig
26th Sep 2008, 10:03
mrs sultana

Not that I moderate this forum, but I can't see that you've broken any rules- such as they are, and you've worked in the business:ok: so you've established some street cred!

But your questions cut across a point of common confusion in terminology in the UK, and that is difference between the role of a Flight Dispatcher/Flight Operations Officer operating in a system that requires a license, as is the case for US airlines; and the Ramp Dispatcher function which is an airport airside job for which no license is required- and last but not least, the job of the UK airline flight operation officer. Also you do fail to give some indication of your son's experience as well which does have a bearing on salary expectation.

1. If you are asking about the salary and terms & conditions for an airside ramp dispatcher job (who just happens to hold an FAA license) then I am sure someone on this forum can give you an indication of salaries etc..

2. If you are asking about T&C's for a licensed FAA flight dispatcher execrcising the privligdes of his license in an FAA/FAR based airline, then that is another case. There are US airline's (and handling agents) who have licensed flight dispatchers based in the UK, maybe some of them can respond.

3. Then again, if you are asking about T&C's for a job as a UK based flight operations officer (who just happens to hold an FAA license) then that again is something else.

So you can see, it's perhaps the way you've asked the question. Why not try again and be a bit more specific. And I'm sorry I can't help I've been away from the UK for some time now and I'm out of touch with salary scales.