PDA

View Full Version : New Bristow Training Centre

212man
23rd Sep 2008, 09:09
I see the press releases are out for the new training centre in Aberdeen. Looks very smart :ok:

I assume all the Audis parked outside, in the artists impression, are the Training Captains' company cars? :E

Knight Property Group - Knight Property Group Reach New Heights with Major Development Deal (http://www.knightrealestate.co.uk/the-news/latest-news/knight-property-group-reach-new-heights-with-major-development-deal/)

SASless
23rd Sep 2008, 12:05
In 1980 I did a feasibility study for American Airlines Training Corporation about where to put a Simulator Center for the North Sea. I took the position in the report that Aberdeen would be the best place followed by the Gatwick area.

Does that mean the GOM crews will be headed to this new center for their training? Now that will be an interesting situation!

I want to see the "melding" of those two slightly divergent approaches to the same task!:E

212man,

I will bet you donuts to dog droppings....you can hold the stakes in yer mouth...but there will be at least one four wheel drive pickup truck in the car park.:=

206Fan
23rd Sep 2008, 12:34
They look like Audi Q7s aswel too.. Id say that will be an expensive car park when its filled on the first monday morning its opened!

Pandalet
23rd Sep 2008, 13:16
So where's the helipad, then? Don't tell me all those massively wealthy North Sea captains I've been reading about aren't going to arrive in their own personal helicopters?

Troglodita
23rd Sep 2008, 14:51
So where's the helipad, then? Don't tell me all those massively wealthy North Sea captains I've been reading about aren't going to arrive in their own personal helicopters?

Pandalet - I used to do that 1999/2000. 206B3 G BPWI. I had my own AOC as well as flying S61N's for BHL.
Only real reason was fuel was only 14 pence a litre compared to 63 pence out of Shell drums so £7.00 landing fee far outweighed by the savings on Jet A1. Used to call Ramp and book a space down the bottom of the hill!

Attitude of Peers very interesting.

50% thought "Good on yer!"
50% ground teeth and turned green with hatred.

Interesting World!

Trog

Tractor_Driver
23rd Sep 2008, 14:56
Never fear,

there is an adjacent helipad, it's called Dyce airport. The Q7s are the chauffeur driven shuttle buses.

TD

206Fan
23rd Sep 2008, 19:17
Trog, did you sell the ship? Must of been awsome owning a B3!

Troglodita
24th Sep 2008, 08:42
Davey07,

Ended up with 4 x 206's and a 300C doing lots of profitable work but learned the hard way to NEVER let yourself own less than 51% of a Company.

Took 5 years of frustration and expense to get free and clear but as I said learned a hell of a lot in the process - mainly how NOT to run a business and NEVER have a Partner.

Shed no tears when (H)BOS went under (not the H part) - especially their Lawyers in Edindurgh who I fought tooth and nail from high moral ground but without a legal leg to stand on for 5 years.

But it was great experience but bloody hard work!

Cheers,

Trog

OffshoreHeli
24th Sep 2008, 17:49
I ask you, would you rather train in sunny Marseille or dreary Aberdeen. Know what I prefer.

Helikopter
25th Sep 2008, 08:48
I know what I would rather choose ;).
Its only level B simulator in Aberdeen anyway or ?

Wizzard
27th Sep 2008, 19:37
The FTD in Aberden might be a level B but it will probably handle better than the Marseilles machine IMHO :rolleyes:

Wiz

detgnome
27th Sep 2008, 19:45
With Scotia building their sim as well does this mean that we go from one 332L2 sim (Marignane) in the world at present (to my knowledge) to an additional 2 FTDs in Aberdeen?

Wizzard - Having just completed L2 conversion, I agree with you on the handling. The tail rotor failure modelling seems somewhat suspect and I for one do not agree with Eurocopters explanation as to why the nose is to the right during this mode of failure.