PDA

View Full Version : Garuda to Fly to Brisbane

barrybeebone
23rd Sep 2008, 06:45
Story below was in today's Jakarta Post. Anyone know what type of aircraft Garuda will be using on Brisbane route? Will it be the bigger A330's or the new 737 NG's?

Indonesian flag carrier Garuda Indonesia will reopen direct flights between Bali and the Australian city of Brisbane from 13 December

oldhasbeen
24th Sep 2008, 00:02
Now I know why they're widening the Gateway!!:eek:

sayap-patah
28th Sep 2008, 19:44
Yes..to open it ..again....and soon to close it ..again! ...as usual...:D

barrybeebone
29th Sep 2008, 03:59
Sayap Patah

you are pesimistic on this. Judging by the number of carriers that are opening up services to brisbane, i suspect this time it may be mor elong term. e.g. VB , Jetstar and garuda starting Brisbane services

organic3
29th Sep 2008, 07:28
Funny how they are banned from operating into europe, but the Aussies let them in????????

barrybeebone
30th Sep 2008, 04:03
That is not to say the aussies are not watching them. The european system may be to ban airlines but I think you will find the aussies system is to increase surveillance of them. lets not forget the many other countries that still allow garuda to fly e.g. japan, Korea, China, Singapore, malaysia

organic3
30th Sep 2008, 06:23
Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!! Thats so funny. Do you mean the farcical CASA will increase surveillance.

They can t even watch the smallest airlines in Oz, let alone Qantas. You obviously have no experience with the oz system. CASA is made up of the industry wannabes who could never make it in the real world of aviation.

Seriously, the system in oz is as bad as it has always been.

Left Wing
30th Sep 2008, 06:50
but the Aussies let them in..coz aussie pax want cheap flt to Indo..

barrybeebone
30th Sep 2008, 13:41
Why criticise CASA? Sure they are not perfect but there are plenty of other regulators out there that are worse! I don't work for a regulator but in my experience the age old saying of "you are damned if you do and damned if you don't" is very relevant to all regulators!

Zed-Air
30th Sep 2008, 15:30
The Aussies are a bit more sophisticated than the mindlessly bureaucrat-bound Euro peons -- and don't need to ban Garuda.

Only to declare an Emergency any time a GA enters Aussie Airspace.