PDA

View Full Version : Info please

Hot Shots
23rd Sep 2008, 00:00
Last night (22-08-09) at around 19:15 as we were getting ready to go from Jo'burg Int'l, all the fire trucks raced out to the runway. Few minutes later an Airbus (I think) came past on the runway with all the trucks following. Anybody know anything?

H.S. :sad:

grizzled
23rd Sep 2008, 12:32
We have been studying this phenomenon for many years but have yet to come up with a plausible answer. Just as dogs chase cars, we now have volumes of evidence from around the world that airport fire trucks regularly chase airplanes. We just don’t know why. Most researchers are of the opinion that the trucks are likely chasing the airplanes for the same reason that dogs chase cars – simply because they can.

Griz

phydeaux
23rd Sep 2008, 15:10
I glanced out of the corner of my eye once and noticed one such red menace about to chew on a tyre of a white twin (737-800)obviously when I turned my head it pretended nothing was going to happen and just parked off:=

Hot Shots
23rd Sep 2008, 19:30
Good one guys.... Those damn fire trucks!!! :D

Shrike200
24th Sep 2008, 18:45
The fire trucks at least chase moving aircraft, which have a sporting chance to run away - those damn catering trucks have learned to go for parked aircraft, which they know can't escape. I've seen many a wingtip savaged by these beasts!