PDA

View Full Version : A pilot wannabe! i need your help!

El khoury
21st Sep 2008, 23:36
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

Well first of all i would like you to know that i first knew of this forum when i was surfing an another Aviation Forum , and a member proposed to me to check this Forum. I found it really interesting and decided to join. And now i find myself asking for your "help" ! (which i'm sure will be available around here)

I'm 19 years old, and being a Pilot has been a dream since i started breathing, and at the moment i'm discussing my career and my Future with my parents, i'm thinking of becoming a Pilot, i want to be a Pilot.

I live in Lebanon (in the Middle East). Concerning becoming a Pilot, my studies and training and courses will be here in the Middle east (or Europe), so i started searching for some aviation academies (which are rare around here) . A friend of mine is training to be a Pilot in Jordan. I'm still new to this whole new world.

The academy that my friend is training in is called Ayla Aviation Academy, in Jordan. It'll offer CPL/IR licenses. In addition, a Multi Crew Cooperation and Jet Orientation Training programs can be provided, at the Atlantic Flight Training facility in Coventry, UK.

I want to know if you guys ever heard of this Aviation academy, i want to get the best training out-there because i'm considering this to be my career (commercial pilot in an airline). Is this a good Aviation academy? Are CPL/IR licenses enough to get into an airline? what is MCC? what are the additional and essential licenses that this academy does not provide ? what system does it follow: european or US? are these licenses JAA or EASA licenses? are they valid in other countries (middle-east, european countries) ? and finally what is the differnece between getting these licenses from Europe and getting them from Ayla aviation academy /jordan? does this affect on having a job ?

This is the website of the Ayla aviation academy:

www.aylaaviation.com (http://www.aylaaviation.com/)

I would really appreciate if you check the website, because you definetly know more about this than i do, all the Licenses needed , the proffessional training etc... You opinions are more than welcome

I would appreciate also if you enlighten me on some stuff that i'm not aware of, so i can ask the questions when i go check this aviation academy.

Regards.

El khoury.

zizoa320
11th Oct 2008, 11:45
I think Jordan is very very expansive ... US is cheaper than Jordan.
Alpha Tango school in US Taxas is require around 35000$ but Jordan around 50000$ ??

zizo

PPRuNe Towers
11th Oct 2008, 11:52
You will find a vast amount of information and opinion regarding Ayla over on our Middle East forum. I think it is fair to say that Ayla has been a controversial school from the outset and there is a couple of hours reading for you to do.

Don't forget the 3 schools at Amman Marka if you want to train in the Arab world and be relatively close to home.

Rob

devil_pilot
11th Oct 2008, 20:21
Nice comment PPRUNE Tower but i think new people on the site maybe don't have the correct use and don't know it works

Apologizzzzz for Them:O