PDA

View Full Version : Training Hours Requirements

johnc21
21st Sep 2008, 19:29
Evening all

I have looked around google but cannot find an answer to my question.

My question is what is the minimum completion time on most modules.
( I know I may well need beyond min. time in some modules..hopefully not)

PPL : 45 Hours
Night Rating : 5 Hours
ATPL Theory : Very Variable I know
Commercial : ???
Instrument Rating : ???
MCC???

Also I read on the IAA website that one needs instrument time before commencement of the CPL. I assume you can get some very basic IR done on the other module somewhere is it? or do you have to do the IR before the CPL ( I have never heard of it that way, correct me if I am wrong.)

Thanks all

J

portsharbourflyer
21st Sep 2008, 19:56
In a nutshell.

For CPL you will need 150 hours total time to start the flight training (and all 14 ATPL exams passed). The modular CPL course is a minimum of 25 hours dual instructions.
10 hours of the CPL course is basic IR training, hence this will meet the ten hour instrument time requirement for the CPL issue. To get the CPL issued you will need 200 hours total with a 100 p1 and a night qualification.

If you hold a ppl then the IR course is minimum of 55 hours training, to commence the IR you will need at least 70 hours p1. Likewise the MEP rating also requires 70 hours p1.

If you hold a CPL then the IR course is reduced to 50 hours minimum.
You can do the IR before the CPL, hence a 55 hour IR course, but this means you will not need to do the 10 hours instrument training on the CPL, hence the CPL can then be completed in 15 hours.

These are minimums and time over this can depend on all sorts, your own ability, weather delays etc.

Nashers
22nd Sep 2008, 01:16
have you tried LASORS?

Sparks Will Fly!!
22nd Sep 2008, 08:51
JohnC21
I have spent the last month looking into different ways of going about getting the frozen ATPL. As Nashers said it is all in Lassors, but I would be happy to share with you the 'simplified' version I now have, with costings for the Modular route. P.M me if you want a run down!

ps Don't rush, as you will soon pick up there are no jobs at the moment, so take it easy and enjoy!!
:ok: