PDA

View Full Version : Grand China Express - WASINC Contract

flyingfish88
21st Sep 2008, 16:28
Anybody have experience in China with WASINC or Grand China Express? Or for the guys in China, any thoughts?

Rubis
21st Sep 2008, 19:03
If you are considering China you would be wise to go with a reputable recruiter. WASINC is fairly new in the game, but very open to candidates. Be very careful of "south of the equator agents" and Asian recruiters...some real horror stories out there. If you thought Steeland is crooked, try an Asian recruiter.

Best bet is to go with reputable agent.

esinclair21
25th Sep 2008, 20:24
I am eagerly looking for more information on this Wasinc emb145 GCE contract also. I must say, the contract appears to me to be considerably less than it should be and it seems they are hoping for desperate furloughed pilots to come over and do this.

Even their own Kungpeng contract includes housing allowance and travel expense reimbursement. I can't believe they don't include any of this! Your sick time comes out of your 30 days leave per year and they only give you 8 days off per month gauranteed!

What do you guys think? Are these reasonable terms? Does anyone know if there are other companies recruiting for this same job with better terms?

kanin
13th Oct 2008, 11:26
I agree with you esinclair21.

I am also looking at Grand China however the offer should be much better. I am sure they will have a hard time finding Captains for this position.

Looks like they have 6 E190's active as of 09/16/08, 9 E145's.

If anyone has info on other contract companies handling the E190's...please let me know

k

Rude Mude
1st Mar 2009, 21:53
Flying Fish,

I've been in aviation for 17 years now, and I will advise you to be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS and OBJECTIVE about anything that Steve Turner tells you about this or any other contract. There are plenty of first hand accounts available from those of us that joined the JALWays program. Without indemnifying myself, I will tell you that it ended up COSTING ME and OTHERS to go to work on that contract. We were promised guaranteed round trip ticketing to and from the West Coast to PHNL, free insurance and XX hour gaurantee, all of which was renegotiated mid contract. We lost. Our hands were tied because of the 9/11 fallout and job shortage in the States, but as soon as we were able to leave, we left in droves. Turner is not pilot friendly in the least. Try PARC, IASCO or HACS in that order is my advice. Best of luck to you.

gearupflapsupshutup
26th Mar 2009, 15:07
so walking away from a UK job FO 145 for this is not the start of a great adventure?

l8starter
27th Mar 2009, 18:05
I'm also looking at the WASINC E145 contract with GCE, and I'm also not impressed by some of the terms on offer, and also feeling a little vulnerable about paying upfront for travel expenses. The only other agency I can find offering E145 work (of any kind anywhere) is Eon - also in China, and I assume therefore also for GCE. Cann't get an answer from the contact for London Office (either unobtainable or line just goes dead) and no reply to e-mail (yet). A 'search' on this Forum for Eon hasn't thrown up anything, so wondering if anybody out there can offer any help/advice/opinion etc ?

L8.

l8starter
27th Mar 2009, 18:10
Apologies - kanin I should have also mentioned in my post, that, assuming you're not tied to China, you've also looked at India and the Middle East, as they seem to have been looking for E190 drivers for ever ? Flybaboo in europe also looking, but you've got to be fluent in French (got to be easier than Chinese ?)

L8.

kanin
27th Mar 2009, 18:38
Thanks. I am aware of E170/190 recruitment for the MiddleEast, and India.

The companies I have been in contact with are:

Sigmar - I am assuming they are dealing with an Indian carrier...can anyone confirm this?
Aircraft Commerce - Not FarEast
Direct Personnel - base cities? ... anyone?
Wasinc
Rishworth - India

I have no interest in moving to the MiddleEast, or India (well..unless the price is right). I am only willing to go back to the FAR East. The rates should definitely be better though. 10000/month 8-9 days off...that's tough... I need more information on these contract companies before I jump ship here. I wish Parc had more 170/190 gigs... they seem to have the best reputation among these contract companies.

Deep and fast
8th Apr 2009, 13:02
Any update on this gig? They are still advertising.

D and F :8

grrowler
8th Apr 2009, 23:04
Those looking at India - be aware that Aircraft Commerce is offering a vastly inferior contract to Rishworth. If no one applies through AC we may be able to keep the better conditions.