PDA

View Full Version : Air Malta

nivsy
21st Sep 2008, 16:07
Shall be en-route Malta Thursday for a few days from Heathrow flying Air Malta.

Any previous experience of service etc? Believe it to be 319 outbound and 320 back on Sunday.

Nivsy

Final 3 Greens
21st Sep 2008, 20:40
nivsy

I take about 70-80 flights per year with KM (guess where I live) and have a high opinion of them.

The first drink is free (with the meal) and after that its 3€ for a small bottle of wine.

Try and get seats on the RHS of the aircraft for the flight to Malta (there is no online check in from Heathrow, as KM are handled by AZ, so get down early), since if you arrive on the northerly runway, you will get a lovely view of the Maltese coastline as you fly past, including Valletta and the Grand Harbour. If not, you arrive about 5 minutes earlier :-)

The all 'bus fleet is modern and well maintained and IIRC (as I don't often fly in the back), there is a little more legroom on the 319s than on some of the 320s (if you are flying economy), but they are both okay.

Finally, the weather is looking okay for Thu/Fri - mainly cloudy, but 25-26 degrees, so watch it - it can burn you very quickly and you won't feel it coming with the clouds :-)

Have a lovely time on the islands. Sadly I'm leaving tomorrow to go the other way on business for 10 days.

nivsy
22nd Sep 2008, 19:03
Thanks for the replies and final 3's will take your advice. Looking forward to a little break.

Take care.

Nivsy

greatoaks
23rd Sep 2008, 06:08
Nivsy

there is also an excellent viewing platform built by the locals , directly opposite the terminal if you feel like a little photography :)

(exit the car park take a left at the 2 roundabouts and you are there)

nivsy
23rd Sep 2008, 18:50
Thanks. Am going to pop into the malta airshow which takes place tis weekend in Malta.

nivsy
29th Sep 2008, 10:54
Just back from Malta - had a nice few days and sat on right hand side of the aircraft in bound with good views over the Island on approach.

Return flight last night was 3 hours late departing Malta (late inbound from LGW for return to LHR from Malta). Token gesture of a sandwich and a drink provided at Malta though the terminal seems to be a social outing for family's and kids that are extremely noisy.

Highly recommend the sea plane flights with Harbourair - now that was fun.

Nivsy

paul360m
29th Sep 2008, 12:15
Haven't flown Air Malta for may years now but do have fond memories of them - was flying in a 737 (i think) to Malta & happenned to be coming back from the loo when the Captain was walking toward the back - asked him a question about the flight/plane (dont quite remember) but half an hour later, i was invited to the flight deck by the Captain.

Spent a good time in there having a nice chat - shame it would never happen now!

greatoaks
29th Sep 2008, 13:18
havent had a 'Kinnie' for a while

nice memories ;)