PDA

View Full Version : Air Zimbabwe

MozYank
20th Sep 2008, 15:48
Does anyone here fly for Air Zim? If so, what is the state of things? (other than the obvious, of course.) Also, is Captain Riggs still the chief pilot? If not, who is the HR contact? Thanks for the info.

Chas

JTrain
22nd Sep 2008, 07:28
This will be an interesting reply.....hopefully someone who knows can answer.

I give Air Zim some credit for not being blacklisted in Europe.

McGreaser
22nd Sep 2008, 19:03
Things at Air Zim are very fine. As far as the obvious maybe you could elaborate than stab in the dark as to what you would term obvious. Capt Riggs is late (rest in peace Cde. ) and he was Senior Training Captain on MA60.

Hope that was an interesting reply:ok:

Metro man
23rd Sep 2008, 00:41
To me, given the present situation in the country, obvious difficulties would be;

1. Retaining qualified and experienced staff who could earn considerably more elsewhere.
2.Sourcing inputs, given the lack of foreign exchange and reluctance of suppliers to extend credit.
3. How many million % inflation at the moment ? How can any business operate under these conditions.
4. Old nearly obsolete fleet of fuel inefficient aircraft. B767s getting very long in the tooth, B737 -200 well past retirement, MA60 updated Chinese Antanov 24/26.
5. Corruption, understandable given persent circumstances.
6. Airline used as personal taxi service by the President. Aircraft commandeered or passengers offloaded at a whim. Poor reputation for relaibility.
7. Shortage of fuel in the country.
8. Basic infrastructure collapsing. Power cuts, water cuts, unreliable telecommunications.
9. Current oil price, especially combined with 2, 4 and 7.
10.Collapsed inbound tourism market, lack of business travel.

Is that enough ?

MozYank
23rd Sep 2008, 01:00
McG,

Do you have any contact numbers of the people in Hr or training. I will be back in Zim next month and would like to talk to someone. PM me if you like. I would really appreciate the help. Thank You.

Wyle E Coyote
23rd Sep 2008, 01:57
you want to work for Air Zim?

You must have pissed off a lot of people, or be quite keen on a chalenge (or have a death wish - who's doing the maintenance these days?)

chrislikesblue
23rd Sep 2008, 16:50
I need the HR contact too,its impossible to get any contact from the website.

McGreaser
26th Sep 2008, 01:21
To keep this discussion simple, Air Zim does it's own maintenance. And the engineers are still doing the maintenance. The bruhaha in the papers some maybe true or all is true, depends which source you believe but the UM still flies to Sin, Dxb, Lgw, Jnb. And these airports have stringent requirements to be met viz-a-viz the AOC. Wat that has to do with inflation, retaining qualified staff, un-airworthy machinery blah, blah, is a bit of rocket science am not qualified to comment on. Am sure you argument Cde. Metro Man is fuelled on wat you read/see in the media. Kudos to your interpretation on the media:)

Am not keen on a challenge Cde. W.E Goyote, but just laying down the facts as they are boety. We have too many sangomas :}on the forum with theories and formulae as to why UM "ain't flying" (NOT!) or wen it will theoretically stop flying.

V1...........rotate:ok:

Heavy Cargo
29th Sep 2008, 12:09
Is Avient Still Running ?