PDA

View Full Version : Recomendations?

hightower1986
19th Sep 2008, 17:10
Does anyone have any suggestions apart from OBA to do PPL,IR, CPL and FI? had a look at aussie air and its about half the price of everywhere else which would mean to me that its not quite up to scratch? Is it cheaper to convert JAA to FAA or other way round and if i do the conversion does it allow me to fly US and europe? cheers

KeithTo
19th Sep 2008, 17:59
Use the goddamn search function, everything you need to know is here somewhere:ok:

hightower1986
19th Sep 2008, 18:05
yeah i tried that but theres thousands on there anyone got a useful answer?:ugh:

Shunter
19th Sep 2008, 20:01
You can only do a JAA IR in a JAA state, not in the USA. You can fly an N reg anywhere in the world on an FAA license. You can fly a JAA reg anywhere in the world on a JAA license (with a few small caveats). Individual states can choose how they validate other states' licenses, and the rules vary. JAA licenses are easily converted to FAA licenses (PPLs, at least), and FAA licenses are valid to fly most JAA register aircraft in JAA states. Ratings are a little different, and more complicated. Converting 1 license to another doesn't mean you lose a license, it means you have both.

Whilst slightly abrasive, KeithTo is absolutely correct, the search function will tell you everything you need to know. I use it all the time and it always turns up what I need. If your username is indicative of your age you would appear to be one of the "had internet before I had pubes" generation, in which case I'm surprised you can't get satisfactory results from the search facility.

Reading LASORS and FAR/AIM is a good start.

hightower1986
19th Sep 2008, 20:27
thanks thats a little more what i was after i have tried using the search which is good to some extent just i have so many questions and no one to answer them for me! im thinking more towards the Faa licence i would like to be able to become an instructor but American work visa's are like rocking horse sh*t apparently, im just up the road from you in york, are you a CPL? or purely pleasure pilot?