PDA

View Full Version : Flying holiday In West coast USA

invertedspin10
18th Sep 2008, 19:11
I was thinking of doing a 2 week flying holiday next year sometime between Late MARCH and End of April.
Ive already been to Florida and the Bahamas a few times now and was wondering what sort of options there are on the West coast or even in other parts of the USA. Im really open to any new ideas. I suppose Initially I was thinking around LA, San Diego or similar but if weather might be suitable I might also consider futher north even up in To Oregon or Washington State.
I would imagine the california weather is better than up north ??
Can someone advise on wha sort of weather to expect at this time of the year. Is it a good time to go or is it better to wait till later in the year (VFR only for me).
Also any ideas of places to go or places to rent from with reasonable min hours requirements would be good. Im looking really for modernish C172 (Non G1000) or similar. Any ideas would be very welcome

nh2301
18th Sep 2008, 19:24
If you're planning to go to the western parts of these states, then there will certainly be some IFR and icing conditions west of the casscades range some of the time. You'll get clearer skies further inland, around Bend. From May-June the weather improves a great deal, usually clear skies every day.

I dont know who's renting the newer airplanes in these areas.