PDA

View Full Version : SAA bailed out again!

Sir Osis of the river
16th Sep 2008, 22:34
I see the SAA supporters are studiously ignoring the latest bail-out of SAA.

Another R650 mil down the drain....

What a waste:ugh:

Trawler
17th Sep 2008, 00:48
SAA will convice us that they actually made a 350 mil profit because they actually needed 1 bil but only took 650 mil. Creative accounting so that all the SAA boys can claim an inflated bonus again.

CXtreme
17th Sep 2008, 02:54
S.A.A.? Oh, that little airline in Africa.

There are way beter careers out there in aviation.
S.A.A. is a brand name that slipped the last 10 years, don't know if they will be around in another 10.

Pitch&Fan
17th Sep 2008, 14:24
Can't wait for the bonus! As for the rest of the whiners (Sir Oasis, CXtreme, Trawler & Co.) ... Enjoy your compromised careers & lives.

Buster, Unload.. Go!

JetPark
17th Sep 2008, 17:41
After the collapse of ZOOM and XL in Europe - according to BA CEO - another 30 will fall by year end.

Nobody to prop them up! Poor Crews.

Even those with great load factors in a high density route environment are a little nervous.

Pitch&Fan
18th Sep 2008, 12:05
Suitcaseman...

It appears as though you (and a number of other losers) have a burning need to whine about SAA at every possible opportunity. I can't help but wonder what your motivation really is.

Isn't it interesting how seldom you find SAA pilots shouting their mouths off about other airlines. Maybe it's an indication of the type of people who are flying for SAA... Drawn from better segments of society maybe? That might even explain why you had to go off and fly as an expat'... Just couldn't get selected 'ey. Shame, it breaks my heart.

As for your reply to my last post... You may be right... Then again, you may be wrong. Either way, there certainly appears to be a bit of a chip on your shoulder.

Fly smiling (and ask the pilots if you can sit in the cockpit sometime),

P&F

Pitch&Fan
18th Sep 2008, 12:14
Something else Suitcaseman...

Anyone who considers any airline job, or position, as the pinnacle of aviation clearly missed out on the real thing before joining the airline, and is a good indication of a somewhat compromised, or watered-down flying background.

Coffee please Suitcaseman.

Cheers,

P&F

divinehover
18th Sep 2008, 14:19
AIG (insurance company) has just been bailed out by the US Gov for $US 85 billion. I'm not feeling to guilty about the couple of rands given to SAA.

dash431
18th Sep 2008, 16:34
Well said Suitecaseman!

Pitch&Fan's first post in this thread was in poor taste... What did you hope to achieve p&f???

We'll see how many clever posts will come from you when SAA is finally privatized, and the bonuses have dissapeared along with the government funding... Uh... Bail-outs...

Shrike200
18th Sep 2008, 17:42
It appears as though you (and a number of other losers) have a burning need to whine about SAA at every possible opportunity. I can't help but wonder what your motivation really is.

The motivation is to not pay any more tax than is necessary. Surely that's both a) obvious, and b) an admirable goal? Not to mention a level playing field in the local market etc, etc....

Isn't it interesting how seldom you find SAA pilots shouting their mouths off about other airlines.

Bollocks. SAA pilots have on numberable occasions badmouthed other airlines here. Not to mention the kind of comments on frequency which I have overheard.

Maybe it's an indication of the type of people who are flying for SAA... Drawn from better segments of society maybe?

Better segments of society....right - sums up the attitude in a nutshell. I don't think you could have come across as more arrogant if you tried. I suppose you haven't realised that you come across as the stereotypical SAA pilot that others love to hate. And no, it's not because they're jealous...I'm sure 99% of SAA are fine people, but you're on a public forum, and you're blowing their efforts away.

FuelFlow
19th Sep 2008, 06:50
Pitch & Fan

Let me guess, SBN???L ?

Making up the Bunk for # 1 and # 2, the toughest part of your job!!!
Enjoy your so-called bonus while you can Dude, as it wont be around for much longer!

Pitch&Fan
19th Sep 2008, 07:35
Keep it coming Amigos, I'm loving this!

Bad losers with a lot to say. A bit like bad-mouthing a woman who brushed you off. The kind of behaviour that one expects from a crowd from the other side of the tracks (which, quite likely, is where you live now too).

And... Yip...I do make up the bunk occasionally... Not as much fun as the other stuff, but really no big deal. I can just imagine how unpopular you bunch of paranoid wimps are among the locals.

SA tax concerns after having moved abroad??!... Tossers! Get off the internet and help your wives with the ironing.

Still looking forward to the bonus though. Maybe time to buy a chopper (to park at the beach house).

Loving SAA,

P&F

Sir Osis of the river
19th Sep 2008, 10:17
Pitch,

"Enjoy your compromised careers & lives."

Personally, I would not call flying wide-body longhaul a/c around the world a compromised career or life. My wife has a great job,(She works because she wants to, NOT because she HAS to) and my kids go to a really good international school which the company pays for. (Not some half baked government school with compromised standards.)

"Just couldn't get selected 'ey. Shame, it breaks my heart."

Actually I was selected,( I could show you the letter if you want), but fortunately found gainfull employment elsewhere, before being indoctrinated by the likes of you.

"missed out on the real thing before joining the airline,"???

I missed nothing and I did join "THE AIRLINE". It just was not SAA

In closing Pitch, I hope some of your more level-headed collegues, of which many are very good friends of mine, take you aside and politely ask you to stop giving them all bad name. (They really are not as arrogant and ignorant as you.)

Stick your head back in the sand

rogerk
19th Sep 2008, 12:38
"S.A.A. is a brand name that slipped the last 10 years, don't know if they will be around in another 10"

I flew Johannesburg/Munich two months ago on a very rattle trap Airbus, the cabin crew were surly, the inflight entertainment (from Drop Down Centre Consoles !!) was on and off all flight, the food was inedible and the landing at Munich 30 minutes late was at best a well controlled crash !!
What happened to the SAA that was always voted in the top carriers in the world ??
I think I know but let's not go there eh ??
:mad::mad:

Yossarian
19th Sep 2008, 14:45
Big old hook in the water and we're all tugging at the bait!

Oh well, what the hell!

Well done on making the "big league" Pitchie. Always good to feel like you are achieving something and certainly seems to have boosted your self-esteem! Hope you're still crowing when the glass palace comes crashing down around your insular, deluded skull.

Vlamgat
19th Sep 2008, 17:35
Bitch and Fanny

You are a total Bloody idiot! I can see that you were in one of those government schools!

Go away and play with a boomerang, because that's the only wing that you should be flying!

Aginnintonnixadaykeepsadoctaaway!:}

dash431
19th Sep 2008, 17:51
I have no idea what you've tried to achieve with your callous remarks, other than to upset people who have genuine concerns about their futures in an oil price dependant industry, where the only respite might be a level playing ground, and the privatisation of SAA.

I emplore you to come back to earth for long enough to smell the napalm!

Take your sorry, over-protected, didn't get over puberty, daddy gave me a Ferrari for my 18th birthday, I fly for a government funded airline attitude, and program it into the FMS.:ok::=:D

Schmuck!

Pitch&Fan
19th Sep 2008, 18:05
Still loving it...

Getting all sensitive after starting the nastiness are we? Pass the fellows a Kleenex!

Come on now, let's take this scrap into the vertical... I've only just started, and already everyone seems terribly offended when the punches get returned.

If you can't take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen... Which is exactly what the lot of you did. Good on you!

Pitch&Fan

dash431
19th Sep 2008, 18:37
Ag No Man! I am sure you could do better than the whole Kitchen Thing!

So it was a Ferrari then....

Har Har Har!!

Like I said boy-Pilot, Go fly that Rang!

Agin!

Vlamgat
19th Sep 2008, 18:40
.... Schmuck....!!!

flux
19th Sep 2008, 19:02
Vlamgat, surprised you are not impressed by the money the guy's make. Worked for CB! Schuck who?

Vlamgat
19th Sep 2008, 19:32
It is schmuck, you idiot!

Vlamgat
19th Sep 2008, 19:39
V1, Vr, V2, Positive climb, Gear Up, Flap schedule , Autopilot engaged, Hdg, Ias, FMS Waxed, Call the hostie for A coffee, Chicken Or Beef??

I love to Fly, that Is why I do.

Also I get paid the Big Bucks Bru! Without the Politics!

Check Jou weer!

Agin

divinehover
19th Sep 2008, 19:59
What does Emirates pay for fuel out of Dubai?

How did BA get exclusive rights to T5?

Is the Italian Gov protecting Alitalia or not?

Is SAA purely a business tool or are there bigger regional political issues at play?

I expected more insight from a bunch of pro's. Calling someone a Schmuck clearly demostrates the thinness of your arguement. I hope the goverment funding of SAA is the biggest moral burden you people are facing, cause then you should all be just OK.

evanb
19th Sep 2008, 20:31
Most airlines are subsidised! The difference is that the SA government are stupid enough to subsidise with cash!

* US carriers with federal guaranteed loans - means they can borrow money at the same rate as the federal government which means its free since the fed print the money!
* The Middle Eastern guys get almost free fuel and no taxes and no airport taxes at the intermediate points.
* UK carriers get favourable access to local airports.
* Australian carriers get protection from new entrants and fifth freedoms.
* EU carriers get cheap subsidised aircraft from Airbus and cheap asset finance for Boeing products through international trade finance organisations.
* EU carriers also get tax breaks for training like no other part of the world.
* Asian carriers get cheap labour through open border free trade agreements.

At the end of the day the only reason why SAA struggles against these guys is that we don't have these sorts of arrangement - the difference is that our government compensate with cash.

By the way, for those of you who think that other local carriers don't get subsidised start laughing! The whole Comair operation is subsidised by BA mainline who feeds high yield traffic at higher than market prices - just look at interline prices on BA relative for a OneWorld carrier as opposed to a non-OneWorld. The only guys who are not subsidised are 1Time!

divinehover
19th Sep 2008, 20:34
Sanity prevails

Yossarian
19th Sep 2008, 20:50
No!!!! We need pitchie to show us where the holes in the system are. Please let him carry on.

millertime
20th Sep 2008, 06:27
Pitch,you da man, I have'nt laughed so much for a long time , every time you make a statement (no matter how wild and woolly) there is some idiot out there that takes the bait and gets really angry or tries to introduce some half baked economic theory about airlines , politics or crime. Absolutely brilliant.

Anti-Skid Inop
20th Sep 2008, 07:15
Pitch,you da man, I have'nt laughed so much for a long time , every time you make a statement (no matter how wild and woolly) there is some idiot out there that takes the bait and gets really angry or tries to introduce some half baked economic theory about airlines , politics or crime. Absolutely brilliant.

I agree, my stomach is aching from laughing so much!!!

Keep 'em coming Pitchie!!!

millertime
20th Sep 2008, 12:07
Actually if you believe that one person's opinions are representative of a whole group, then you are guilty of "tarring with the same brush" not him. He is just making some wild and woolly statements as an individual , not as the officially appointed PRO for SAA or whoever he works for. The responses are great as well.

Pitch&Fan
20th Sep 2008, 12:37
Bored now... Off to go fly some aero's.

Thanks for the sport chaps. Nice chatting. Most amusing indeed! Suitcaseman, you provided outstanding entertainment, and helped to prove my point so very clearly. Life is, after all, really just about work, isn't it?

Enjoy your huge, very profitable wide-bodies, safe expat' domiciles, excellent schools, and fantastic airlines!

Cheers & out, Elvis has left the building,

Pitch&Fan (Pitchfork, Bitch&Fanny, and so-on...)

divinehover
20th Sep 2008, 17:35
Cheers Pitch

I also had a good day. I saw my whole family (folks, brothers and sisters) today. Tomorrow I get to see my mates I've know my whole life. Gee I long for that courageous expat life.

DH

evanb
20th Sep 2008, 18:41
Its all about the class codes available for interline on Comair for BA versus KL, AF, etc! Also Comair have been buying surplus BA mainline aircraft for peanuts for years!

Alitalia has been getting government bailouts for years, they had to stop now due to EU regulations! The Italian Government own 51% of Alitalia and have guaranteed the 1.2 Billion Euro debt - thats exactly how US carriers get subsidised!

1 Time are the only guys who don't get subsidies:
Comair - subsidised by BA mainline
SA Express - subsidised by SA government
SA Airlink - subsidised by franchise agreement and feed from SAA
SAA - not in doubt