PDA

View Full Version : Contract pay

VS -1500 fpm
14th Sep 2008, 06:11
To all you guys flying contract in Africa, what is the normal US$ pay for a 5 week period on a King Air 200 or 1900 as co-pilot and as commander? What US$ SNT do you get as a standard?

Springbok614
14th Sep 2008, 07:16
obviously depends where and for who you are going to be flying and what their pay structures are on that contract/ contract client. normally no pay on your off month but a small retainer. say about 800/900 USD. figures below based on field allowances(s&t/perdiem) earned tax free daily and paid monthly back in SA for instance.

200/1900 co pilot about 3000 to 4500 USD per month.
captain about 4500 to 6000 USD per month.

hope this helps.

MungoP
14th Sep 2008, 11:05
Interesting... is it really still that low ? The pocket money offered for the off period usually gets spent on travelling if you're not SA based... but as you say... companies vary.

maxrated
14th Sep 2008, 12:03
MungoP

The company's also are responsible for positioning you in and out of the "field", so they would infact pay for your positioning ticket, hotel etc.

All South African contract company's usually include accomodation, food, local transport and laundry in their costs so this is another saving to you, most contract pilots only ever open their own wallets for booze, while on contract.

Most contract company's are HIGHLY negotiable regarding captain salaries, its up to you to negotiate the best deal you can, even more so if they are desperate for crew.
Start with a high number and negotiate downwards from there, Ive also known of guys who negotiated extra perks in lieu of more money, eg , only bussiness class when postioning to and from contract.

Go for it !

Springbok614
14th Sep 2008, 14:51
the norm seems to be that contract companies only pay for breakfast and the odd crew "braai". normally have to go to the field with some cash to put in the "kitty" for supper. obviously not a lot. normally the company pays for the cook.

withaflash
15th Sep 2008, 05:06
Springbok614,

I'm afraid you are getting the short end if you are paying for food at your company.

Springbok614
15th Sep 2008, 23:49
withaflash,

no luckily that is not my conditions and i agree, that would be getting the short end of the stick!

VS -1500 fpm
16th Sep 2008, 05:16

The amount you supplied, is that now including your daily snt? If you had get your own food, what US$ daily snt should one ask for? And what would the pay be for the month. Sorry for if I'm understanding your first reply wrong.

withaflash
16th Sep 2008, 06:29
VS-1500,

PM me and I will give you actual company figures.