PDA

View Full Version : Angolan Air Servives Info Request

Springbok614
13th Sep 2008, 23:50
anyone on here that works for angolan air services? are they hiring? what is the requirements, pay, housing, aicraft condition and aircraft maintenance like?

any info much appreciated! :ok:

Vlamgat
15th Sep 2008, 04:48
Good day Mate!

Angolan Air Services is Situated in Luanda Angola, Operating One B190c and One B190d, Three J41's, two B200's, Two Learjet 45's, One Citation Bravo, One Beech Baron, and Some more Jets are being added as we Speak.

Maintenance is done on their Own AMO by South African Engineers, The aircraft are being Mainained to Pristine Condition Largely because it is the requirement by OIL companies that AAS operates for.

Salaries are generally speaking higher than other contract Companies and your salary is based on Your experience and Types on your License.

Housing is Crew type housing, food is Paid for and Your Meat gets flown in From Namibia as the Boss reckons that the Local meat just does not make the Cut.

To apply for a job there you have to preferably have ATP with 1500 hours plus, with all the ratings on your License before you apply!!

If you would like contact details, I have a friend working for them, drop me a line!!

Enjoy:ok:

TWOTBAGS
15th Sep 2008, 08:35
Is S VdW still the boss and and is JC still the Chief Pilot there?

Man I remember when they only had -MIM!

Those days doing the Sumbe Shuttle! absolutely brilliant:}, looking at how big they are getting it is making me feel old having been there in the change over from Dessert Air to the start of AAS.:ok:

Vlamgat
15th Sep 2008, 11:25
Yip He's still the Boss, I have met him what a great Man. There's a new chief pilot (Apparantly) Dont know his name.

Voel
15th Sep 2008, 11:38
He recently appointed the Chief ATC of Luanda as his ops manager. The boss only cruises around in his LJ45 D2EBN. What a beaut.

Vlamgat
15th Sep 2008, 13:33
Yip apparantly he does!!

If I was the Boss I'd probably do the same!! No I would not, I'd be flying the Baron, The Jet goes too fast for my small mind!

Aginnintonixadaykeepsadoctaaway!!:E

Springbok614
15th Sep 2008, 23:45
thanks for the info all! sounds good! :ok: