PDA

View Full Version : CAE Pilot provisioning

Robin Duthoo
12th Sep 2008, 08:39
Very curious about the CAE pilot provisioning programs https://pilot.cae.com/Careers.aspx

I have applied for several airline programs and really don't know whether I should expect anything good out of it or not.

If anybody have feedback on that I would be most interested

skyflaps
26th Oct 2008, 12:51
I applied for the Instructor position in India a few weeks ago but havn't heard anythinf from them - did you get a reply at least?

Tony Hirst
26th Oct 2008, 13:13
Well I completed and 'passed' their assessment process in Madrid about 9 months ago. Even got a phone call with the good news. Never heard from them again, but then again I didn't chase them up because I was offered something else. I have since been curious if they were actually a serious proposition or not.

Robin Duthoo
27th Oct 2008, 10:43
No reply whatsoever.
I guess most of their so called partner airlines have forzen their recruitment until further notice like any airline (that I know of) at the moment.
I didn't hear good of them anyway. Friend of mine was called by them for a SELF FUNDED sim test with Denim Air after months of emailing. After having been told by the airline that he did good, he was never contacted again and it's been 6 months.
Apart from being as frutrating as it gets, it has in my view all the ingredients off a bloody rip-off.
And I've other stories alike.
So I'm doubtful as to they are to be trusted.

skyflaps
30th Oct 2008, 14:09
Thanks for that Robin and Tony - good luck to you guys

Aletto
30th Oct 2008, 15:48
me too... i applied for several airlines but no answers yet.

UAU242
20th Nov 2008, 17:21
Did anyone receive an email from CAE about Air Asia? Is the assessment in Madrid? has anyone been successful in getting a job in the end? how did you raise the funds for the type rating?

SlingsbyT67M
20th Nov 2008, 17:28
Yhea I also just got that email. I am not sure if they are genuine or not. Something just doesn't feel right? If anyone can give any further information it would be much appreciated.

tony2F
20th Nov 2008, 17:38
I got it too, anybody with any info???? Is this the same as the oxford course ie. a pay to fly or is it a job opportunity?

cinghia84
20th Nov 2008, 17:57
I got it too,I have received an email for an assessment for AirAsia, but in this email they don't say nothing abut the price of the type rating,it's very strange,anybody with more info?

THD
28th Nov 2008, 21:51
hello i got the mail to for the air asia program but it doens't state that you have to pay for the line training.
It is well clear that they give you after completing the type rating they give you a 1 year contract and you pay for housing and transport to an from base and al the rest involved.Really they don't give you much information about it all so i don't find it very safe to put my money in for the moment.

Clevance
3rd Dec 2008, 01:47
Hi Zacary,

My name is Ryan and I am really interested in Air Asia. Any information about the program would be appreciated!

Looking forward for your answer

best regards

rawalnikhil
3rd Jan 2009, 13:25
Instructor Position in India... Have you done any research???

woodcoc2000
3rd Jan 2009, 17:38
are all the programs self sponsored?? a few of them (air asia included) make no mention of type rating costs or whether or not it is something you pay for or not.. any answers anyone??

rawalnikhil
4th Jan 2009, 05:04
expect to pay for most... TR done at CAE centres approved by respective countries/Airlines

SlingsbyT67M
9th Jan 2009, 18:40
Sent to me when I requested further info after being accepted for an assesment: Sorry about the formatting but it will give you an idea of exactly what CAE are offering on the Air Asia deal - I hope it helps

ANSWERS TO PROSPECTIVE PILOTS’ QUESTIONS
As per Malaysian regulations and Air Asia policy the hiring conditions of foreign pilots are the same applied to local pilots

What is the required experience to apply to the program?
Valid license with valid IR/ME
Valid Medical certificate
Fluency in English (minimum aviation English level 4)

Flight time experience

First Officers
100 hrs total flight time as PIC experience
Theoretical ATPL

Senior FO
5000 hrs TFT of which,
1000 hrs on type, or
2500 hrs WB aircraft (EFIS)

Captains
5000 hrs TFT of which,
1000 hrs as PIC in the aircraft (A320/A330/A340)
The Malaysian Civil Aviation Authority and security clearance will be the one finally determining the suitability of the applicant

What are the minimum requirements for direct Captain entry?
Experience above 5000 hrs, of which 1000 hrs experience in other WB aircrafts (with EFIS).

Pilots matching this requirement, once selected by Air Asia and type rated on A320 will be joining the company as Captains.
What are the requirements for upgrade to Captain?
Air Asia keeps at its own discretion the decision on upgrade to captain Air Asia pilots, following the company needs and candidate performance

What is the maximum age for applicants?

• Captains: Minimum 26 years - Age limit 55-60 years as long as his license permits beyond 60 years
• Senior F/O: Minimum 26 years - Age limit 55-60 years as long as his license permits beyond 60 years
• First Officers: no limit
Air Asia Pilot Provisioning Program 1/4 issued October 13th, 2008

Once hired, what salary can I expect?

First Officers
Flying 80 hours your monthly compensation will be in the neighbourhood of:
If CPL (frozen ATPL)
Basic salary of
RM 4.000
Sector allowance of
RM 45/hour
If ATPL (with 500 company hours)
Basic salary of
RM 5.500
Sector allowance of
RM 55/hour
Captains
Flying 80 hours your monthly compensation will be in the neighborhood of:
Basic Salary of
RM 12.000
Sector Allowance of
RM 195/hour
Night Stop Allowance of
RM 200/night (A330)
Other benefits
Captains
A) Hospitalisation scheme of
RM 18.000 /
disability
B) Loss of license of
RM 500.000
C) Out Patient treatment
RM 1,000/
Year. Excess paid by pilot concerned.
F/O
Loss of licence RM 300,000

Travel

Pilot will cover at its own expenses the cost related to reach Kuala Lumpur from its home base. Air Asia will offer the pilot free tickets using Air Asia network.
Accommodation
Upon joining the company, Air Asia provides accommodation in Kuala Lumpur during the first 14 days. Air Asia team will assist you to find the most suitable accommodation during your contract.

Uniforms
Air Asia will provide pilots with the uniform
Air Asia Pilot Provisioning Program 2/4 issued October 13th, 2008

Transportation

All the transportation during on duty days shall be at pilot expenses
Personal travel Air Asia provides ID90 on Air Asia network. Additionally every year a pilot will receive 6 tickets to be used at its discretion

Food
Air Asia pilots have discounted food at the office cafeteria

What would be my taxation rate?

Malaysian Taxation is related to several variables (type of contract, family, duration of your contract, time expended from your arrival, etc). People department will inform you about your personal case.

What kind of contract do I get (permanent/temporary)?

Following the applicable regulation the maximum hiring period for an expat is 1 year. If there is a change in the law Air Asia keeps the right to offer you an extension in the contract From what Stage in the program will I get paid?
You will be effectively hired (and paid) by Air Asia from the First working day after they land in Kuala Lumpur.

What bases are available? Will I get my preferred base?

Available base: Main base will be Kuala Lumpur. The company will offer you other bases upon availability and company policies.

How does the roster look like?

For the time being the roster is 5 days on and 2 days off per week. It is foreseen to be adapted once the company reach the number of crews estimated.

Nr. of flying hours per month/year?

The expected monthly flying hours is about 80 hrs per month up to 90. The maximum total flight hours per year following the regulation is 1000

If I do this investment, will Air Asia guarantee a job?

Air Asia will issue a letter expressing its intention to hire you, if you satisfactorily complete the required training, obtain the licenses and ratings required to operate Air Asia’s aircraft, and upon a positive security clearance.

How can I obtain a Malaysian work permit?

Air Asia will help you obtaining the work permit. This process starts once you join the company.

Air Asia Pilot Provisioning Program

issued October 13th, 2008

Is it a self sponsored course?

Yes

How is the course price?

The A320 type rating course is mainly delivered at CAE Madrid and CAE Kuala Lumpur. Base training, if required, to be delivered in Spain.

If no additional training is required, prices are as follows:
-
From ground school till simulator skill test – 24000 EUR
-
Base training – 8000 EUR
Pilots without jet experience will need to conduct a Jet Familiarization Training before starting the type rating course. The price for this additional training is 2000 EUR. License and medical renewal costs associated to maintain license, ratings and medical will be on pilot expenses.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
The overview included in this document is for information proposes valid at the time of delivery. If required, this
information can be changed without prior notice adapting changes received from local legal regulations, civil aviation
authorities or the airline. CAE will adapt the updated information as soon as provided. This information has no
contractual and biding value.

zedoscarro
11th Jan 2009, 14:36
830 euro monthly salary with no accomodation and no transportation??

They gotta be kidding... With that salary one can barely survive... Not to mention how is one going to repay the 24000 euros of the TR??

tony2F
11th Jan 2009, 18:03
add on the flight pay also, dont forget at approx 80hrs and its €1600 , still crap, but more accurate math

Bambe
11th Jan 2009, 18:26
I seriously can't believe some people are gona pay for such a crap position....

U.N.B.E.L.I.E.V.A.B.L.E

FrankAbagnale
11th Jan 2009, 21:46
Take that or hit the tax payer's money??? What would you do?
If someone has the $$$ for the TRT and can survive on a fraction of what their counterparts are getting at EI, BA, FR etc in KUL, then why not!!!

cwy04
12th Jan 2009, 17:53
PayScale Malaysia - Malaysia Country Salary, Average Salaries (http://www.payscale.com/research/MY/Country=Malaysia/Salary)

Have a look at this then you can compare wages!!!!

dartagnan
15th Jan 2009, 15:53
i personally think that many offers are bogus!

example: india has pull the plug, and can not hire foreign copilots anymore.

AirDriver
19th Jan 2009, 15:53
If you think Air Asia is bad!

Lion Air is :mad: Bull***t :ouch:

Read this...

Lion Air wants to pay u roughly EUR 500 a month :eek: and expects you to pay EUR 26000 TR (all inclusive lodging fooding approx) for a B738 :D and a 2 year contract.

And $10000 payback := in case the contract get terminated!!!!

Id like to hear what you think.... :ugh:

AirDriver :}

:E

SanHor
19th Jan 2009, 19:51
I heard the T/R for Lion Air was 17.000E?

Monthly salary would be 514E. Flightpay per hour would be 1.24E.

Flying 80-90 hours a month. Total in a year +/-1050. That's what Lion Air wants.

You should get accomodation and tranportation...

But 650E a month....:{

SanHor

AirDriver
21st Jan 2009, 13:09
Lion Air TR CAE Amsterdam 21000 EUR + 19% Tax
20 EUR a day Accomodation + Food extra ...

Yes: Accommodation and Transport is Free! But that doesn't cost too much either in Indo

jimsmitty01
26th Jan 2009, 13:21
I heard that some people who were successful with the application for Air Asia, went onto do the TR on the A320, then when it came for employment time, some of them were chopped!

Does anyone have anymore information on this? as all Air Asia provides is a letter of intent, clearly not a legal contract. I am not convinced this is a risk worth taking!

tony2F
26th Jan 2009, 19:22
hi Jimsmitty01, there is a mix up here, oxford ran a course with line training , you had to pay for your TR then €10k for line training. The guys basically signed up spent their cash with no interview, no sim check, nothing, then just before the TR ended, oxford announced that they had an inteview and sim check to do. So with money spent, they went off to KL for interview with AA and they were nearly all rejected!!!! ( 3 out of 8 got in) I know this to be a fact as my mate was one who unfortunatly didnt get it. Personally I think oxford have alot to answer for here.

The CAE provisioning is not the same deal as previously mentioned as CAE are actually recruiting for AA. Hope this clears this up.

jimsmitty01
26th Jan 2009, 20:37
Thanks Tony2f! I didn't mean to spread rumors, I think this is an example of Chinese whispers! This is also backed up by a chap called Zachary who is in the know!

Either way there is a cap on most of the european TR programs for now, but I expect this won't last forever!

Cheers

Storpikk
2nd Feb 2009, 02:06
First off all, this is disgusting reading.

This airlines that participate in this "pay for training and you maybe get a job" schemes are unprofessional and take advantage of desperate pilots that are willing to get abused by these scumbags.

Have some pride in your job as a professional pilot and don't even go this route. This scumbags will take your money and run, if you are lucky to even get a job they will abuse you.

This is nothing short of pimping!!!

Shame on this assholes :=:=:=:=

Storpikk
2nd Feb 2009, 23:57
Well first off all I understand you have to defend your "great" program and all the "happy" guys that finally got to fly that shiny new jet.

To compare pilots with Doctors and Attorneys is pure silly. They spent money in university to get a degree.

The disgusting part now is the "fine" airlines you represent wants to push the training cost over on the pilot.
This is of course based on supply and demand. They prey on guys that are desperate enough to fork out huge amounts for a copilot job that pays "peanuts". They will never be able to repay the exaggerated cost for the type rating based on the pay scales posted.

Who the heck pays over 20.000 Euros for a B737 or a A320 type rating anyway, this things go for 6K to 12 K USD stateside.

To sum it up, a REAL airline pays for all training cost, after all this is the cost of doing business. I can understand they maybe want you to sign a contract that you promise to stay and work for minimum amount of time so the company can offset the training cost.

To pay 20.000 Euros for a training program where you are at will, is insanity. I really hope even desperate guys think twice about this. Bottom feeder airlines like this, continue this programs because guys are dumb enough to sign up for it, and fork out huge amounts of their own hard earned or loaned money.

Anyway just my two cents :ok:

Storpikk
3rd Feb 2009, 22:28
aviatorisu (http://www.pprune.org/members/229953-aviatorisu), I see you are back peddling your wonderful program.

I am sure you guys have nice new simulators and fancy training material. I would expect so if I have to pay twice what its worth.

Unfortunately you keep on missing the point I am making.

I will say it once again, the cost of training should be carried by the airlines you guys are representing. To push the training cost over on the pilot is nothing short of disgusting.
After all its just a job at best, if you actually reach the right seat.

The Airlines you represent are bottom feeders at best, in third world countries, with the matching third world pay. No labor rights or unions.

If you fail ,or the airline decides conveniently that they don't like you, or need you, then you are stuck with a pretty substantial bill.

But you can keep on argue all you want, but I hope all the guys that are thinking of this pay for job programs, think about it seriously. No REAL airlines operate this way. Training cost is after all the cost of doing business.

Its your money, and the chance you will get burned is HUGE.

FrankAbagnale
4th Feb 2009, 01:54
These days, Paying for a TR is not a taboo! So stop trying to make it one...
I know many people who have been offered a job on the condition that they will pay for the TR...so what if its 6 months salary !!!
Its better than sitting on the freekin job seeker allowance...
so hush the bitching!
:cool:

Storpikk
4th Feb 2009, 07:38
Good for you that you are willing to pay to get a job......but at 24 years old, I am sure you are itching to get into that shiny new jet.

Once you grow up a little you will also understand that pay for training is wrong!!!....this rots the industry and undermines what unions have fought for a long time, good pay and decent schedules and working conditions.

Guarantee you WONT find that with none of the airlines that's represented in the CAE program, that's if you EVER see the right seat.

Bend over and get :mad:ed!!!.....it's your cash.

BigNumber
4th Feb 2009, 08:10
What Cobblers!

The fact of the matter is that the economic climate has made the low hour opportunities extremely rare.

If people are willing to pay ratings they will - end of.

The various unions, CC's that fought for these terms and conditions under stand this to be the case. That's why only muffled complaints are ever heard out with this forum.

It is a sad state of affairs but it IS the way things are.

Subhuman
4th Feb 2009, 09:34
Storpikk:

As someone who has applied and been interviewed (awaiting reply) through the CAE provisioning, and as someone who has looked at what you pay for stateside, the extra money is just.

However, that's not the point, the fact is - if you have 250 hours and you had a wad of cash , would you pay now and get the job or "wait (possibly a long time) for someone to pay it for me out of principle", the answer is that the second camp would be very small, this is also the kind of people that will moan and call SSTR guys "pay to fly wannabes". They claim they do it for their love of aviation - well if thats the case surely you would pay it?

I'm lucky in that I budgeted integrated and went modular - the money I saved can go towards a TR and that will give me a better chance at getting a job. I don't see where thats wrong? I understand that alot of freshly qualified guys do not have the money available to do this, however thats the nature of the beast.

You also talk about terrible conditions. Im sorry but how many people PERSONALLY do you know work for any of those airlines? People don't come onto pprune to say what awonderful day working they had, they come on to bitch & moan, you get a distorted view on what alot of these airlines are really like. I know personally of two guys who I speak to regularly that went through CAE and are now working and loving it.

I'm sure you will still try to start a fight here anyway but so be it.

Storpikk
4th Feb 2009, 10:10
Well junior if you are 19 and have 250 hours of total time, I don't think you should sit in the right seat of a A320 or any transport category jet.....or at least I would not put my family on that flight.

Maybe better for you to go the old route that most pilots have taken in the past, it takes some work. I know its a quick fix to pay some money and you have a job, but some instructing and then fly some freight will do you good.

As for the companies that CAE represent I know very well, I fly a wide body in Asia myself.

:ok:

Subhuman
4th Feb 2009, 13:45
Well at 19 I believe I would be just as safe as anyone else - not only is it multi crew ( and I won't be a captain), I would still of gone through the same training as anyone older than myself, if anything a young mind learns faster. I've also been involved in aviation almost half my life, and while personally have only got 250 hours, I have spent hours and hours flying with other people and that has to count for something in the way of experience.

Well the "old route" as you call it is non-existent at the moment. FI jobs (esp. for someone restricted low hours etc) aren't easy to come by, and I would happily fly anything for a first job but FI has been discussed, air taxi under JAA isn't an option, glider towing/parachute dropping/aerial photography are all small industries that generally there aren't openings for people with no knowledge of the gliding/parachuting etc. . Military - I won't pass the medical, so really what are my options? I would have no problem with any of these jobs if they were available.

It still doesn't distract from my original point - if you have the funds - why would you not do it?

Storpikk
5th Feb 2009, 00:21
Good Luck to all of you......I am sure the "desperadoes" are lining up, and CAE is laughing all the way to the bank. On an investment scale, it's a very poor investment.

Do your home work , on the home countries and bases for the Airlines that CAE represent.

They are third world countries where you have no rights as a foreigner, and airline safety is poor at best. Malaysia is getting rid of most foreign workers now because of mass unemployment and the goverment there prohibits hiring foreign labour. Indonesia has one of the worst airline safety records in the world with multiple major accidents in the last few years. Not to talk about Nigeria where you will be escorted by a armed guard with an AK-47, between the airport and the camp you will be living . I think this "gullable" kids have no idea whats waiting for them. No unions, no duty regs, unsafe operations day in and day out, risking your life and license. If you ever get to work for them, they will fire you at the drop of a hat.

And to you "subhuman", you would be living up to your screename in my cockpit. 250 hours what a joke. I would maybe let you sit on the jumpseat and watch. There is no sim training program in the world that will make a 250 hour pilot safe in a transport category jet, you are just a trainee still with a very wet PPL and zero real life experience. Experience you should get on smaller equipment.....

But once again this is just my opinion, I am sure you guys are "hot shots" that know it all. :ugh::ugh::ugh:

But you will find out reality soon!!.......I am just serving you a dose of reality here!!.

Subhuman
5th Feb 2009, 00:54
Firstly I have not gone to any "third world country" with CAE, if you did your homework you would see that CAE provide pilots for european carriers as well.

Also why wouldn't a 250 hour pilot be safe in a transport cat. jet? These days they have a high level of automation and are designed with safety first - not to mention again that I might be flying this aircraft - but its still the responsibility of the captain - he still makes the final call in the unlikely event of a major problem.

Based on your argument - a friend of mine who is training to be an electrician should not be allowed to fix peoples houses because he lacks "real life experience" and would be dangerous, the fact he is an apprentice under someone with years of experience counts for nothing...

I don't see myself as a hot shot, I am fully aware that there are thousands of people who will fly the hours I have flown in 3 months - but by the same token there are thousands of people who have started flying for airlines with the same amount of hours as me on exactly the same aircraft and have had no problems at all.

The fact of the matter is you refuse to see this point of view - fine. We are just going round in circles so I'm going to leave it at that.

FrankAbagnale
5th Feb 2009, 01:08
lol...ignore the asian wide body jet pilot ...
because of people like him, CAA had to introduce the MCC course :ok:

Storpikk
5th Feb 2009, 02:39
Hey Franky FYI I am from Europe originally, and CAE introduced this program because there are suckers like you out there!.....

But hey go for it!!!........be a sucker!!:ok::ok::ok:

Sciolistes
5th Feb 2009, 08:12
Malaysia is far from a third world country. Malaysian Airlines are accepting inquiries from experienced expat crew at least a few weeks back, so I don't know about any expat employment ban for flight crew. The onus is on anyone interested in working abroad to assess such risks. Nothing against CAE or Air Asia or any other potential employer in any other industry, don't leave all your trust in somebody else, get clued up and don't leave it till the last minute.

Indonesia does have a bit of a bad press, but if you look at it objectively, you should be able to identify equally hideous, horrible and inexplicable accidents in arguably more benign environments in Europe and the US too.

Air Asia is a pretty slick operation. The experience gained there would be quality, an extensive route network, more non-precs than you can shake a stick at as well as big busy international airport experience and maybe a few preconceived ideas given the heave-ho too.

If you don't want to pay for your TR and line training then that is an honorable decision, perhaps a little idealistic, but at least understand what it is that you don't want to pay for first.

Storpikk
5th Feb 2009, 10:08
Well here is just some clippings....I agree with Sciolistes somewhat, but Malaysia is still a underdeveloped country, but probably the best of the Cream Of the Crop Airlines, that recruits pilots from CAE.

Indonesia,

In an era when jet travel has become the safest mode of travel around the world, Indonesia stands as an exception to the rule.
Last year, an aircraft "incident" was recorded in the country every nine to 10 days.
Apart from crashes and "near" crashes, this includes whether a plane had missed the runway or was forced into a landing because of a technical fault.
More worryingly, the statistics only account for the incidents which have been logged.
The Foreign Office says there are "concerns" about the reliability of some of Indonesia’s domestic airlines. Its advice to British visitors is to check whether the air carrier they are travelling with has a "good" safety record.
On its website, the Foreign Office adds: "There have been a number of major crashes in Indonesia over the last 10 years, for reasons including bad weather, poor maintenance and mechanical failure."
Even by its own poor standards, Indonesia suffered a bad run of transport disasters in recent months. On New Year’s Day a passenger plane crashed into the ocean, killing all 102 people on board.
Malaysia,
Malaysia expects to send home at least 200,000 foreign workers by next year to open up more jobs for its citizens, a local newspaper reported Sunday.
The goal is to reduce foreign labor in a country that's heavily dependent on it. Foreign workers make up 21 percent of the 11 million-strong labor force in Malaysia.

Nigeria,
Violent crime committed by individual criminals and gangs, as well as by some persons wearing police and military uniforms, is a problem, especially in Lagos, Abuja and other large cities, although it can occur anywhere. Some visitors and resident Americans have experienced armed muggings, assaults, burglary, carjacking, kidnappings and extortion, often involving violence. Home invasions are on the rise in Lagos, with armed robbers accessing even guarded compounds by following, or tailgating, residents or visitors arriving by car into the compound, subduing guards and gaining entry into homes or apartments. Armed robbers in Lagos also access waterfront compounds by boat. U.S. citizens, as well as Nigerians and other expatriates, have been victims of armed robbery on roads to airports during both daylight and evening hours. Law enforcement authorities usually respond to crimes slowly or not at all, and provide little or no investigative support to victims. U.S. citizens and other expatriates have experienced harassment and shakedowns at checkpoints and during encounters with Nigerian officials.
ABUJA, Nigeria, Nov. 4 -- Nigerians long reveled in their freewheeling aviation culture, swapping stories about seeing cows on runways or dashing frantically onto tarmacs 30 minutes after official takeoff times, and still being allowed on flights.
But three fatal accidents in the past year, culminating with last Sunday's crash of a Boeing 737 moments after takeoff, have terrified travelers and fueled calls for a new focus on airline safety in a country where the highways are even more dangerous.

Sciolistes
5th Feb 2009, 10:55
Well, that does make pretty grim reading. Although the Foreign Office should be taken seriously, I would be cautious of press reports and try and dig into the news more. We known what the UK press is like, they often seem to reporting on a parallel universe.

Last year, an aircraft "incident" was recorded in the country every nine to 10 days. Apart from crashes and "near" crashes, this includes whether a plane had missed the runway or was forced into a landing because of a technical fault.
In pursuit of balance, I just did a search on the AAIB site. I randomly picked Feb 2006 in which there were six incidents including an aircraft running off the edge of the runway, contaminated air, two ground collisions and a runway overrun. Admittedly all relatively minor compared to a total loss in the sea. The search date isn't related to the date of the accident, but there must be something in the frequency.

Regardless, I will say that I actually fly with Asian captains, many of whom are Indonesian. I find it hard to reconcile the bad press with their abilities, knowledge and professionalism. On another contrary note, one of our engineers (a European if it matters), commented on how reliable our ex Indonesian aircraft are in comparison to our ex BA aircraft. From an operators perspective it is difficult to tell, they're all getting on a bit now. Perhaps I have too narrow a sample and said captains wouldn't be part of our operation if they weren't up to it and the engineers have naturally done a good job on selecting and maintaining our aircraft. Who knows, all I can say is that my experience is contrary to general opinion.

Some of the chaps I fly with have worked in Nigeria, their experience certainly concurs with your snippet :eek:

skycruiser1
5th Feb 2009, 11:21
Sciolistes (http://www.pprune.org/members/271494-sciolistes), you are a reasonable man with your feet on the ground...My hat off to you!!!:ok::ok::ok::ok:

FrankAbagnale
6th Feb 2009, 00:38
Aisan wide body jet pilot dude:cool:, If youre complaining about Asia...then why dont you get out of there and come back to your native lands...But you wont, cause you know people like you aint wanted nowhere...so just shut your beak and put your head down...:}
And your attitude is upto your neck dude...you might just become one of those statistic if you dont let some of that gas out...!!! Eventhough I hope and pray that you dont.:ok:

Storpikk
6th Feb 2009, 07:19
Hey Franky,

Why don't you go and apply your acne cream, and watch some airplanes fly over your house, because that's as close as you will get to flying one.

:ok: you litte jerk!!!

FrankAbagnale
6th Feb 2009, 13:28
:* Orite, I guess I will do that...
But since you live with your mommy, I guess she takes care of that Diaper rash cream which you need frequently...lucky you :E

lollll !!!

nicholasblonde
19th Feb 2009, 06:25
UPDATE:

Just noticed in the "other" section on the AirAsia website jobs section they posted a cadet pilot programme on 16-Feb-2009 for applications for MALAYSIAN citizens only...wonder if the citizenship req. comes from the new "1-year" rule for expat workers??

Anyone know if Tiger is still hiring rated A320 guys???

Aravinth
22nd Feb 2009, 13:09
I feel CAE is just trying to sell their sim slots.....

and Lion Air provisioning is just exploitation......

Insights r welcome...

nicholasblonde
16th Apr 2009, 18:11
Bump...anyone know if CAE is doing assesments? I heard in another thread there is one April 20th in Brussels...any more info on Lion's plans for '09???

linza
17th Apr 2009, 14:06
I've just received an e-mail from CAE for the next assessment for LION AIR. Is anybody knows that with B737 TR you need some extra training with CAE??? This application was for B737NG CAP.

Thanks in advance

Linza

LH2
18th Apr 2009, 12:52
Hi there

Not that I care one way or another and I'm not making any sort of judgement, but I thought I would give you a reminder that Lion Air is on the List of airlines banned within the EU (http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air-ban/pdf/list_en.pdf) (along with everyone else under the supervision of Indonesian CAA).

Willie Everlearn
18th Apr 2009, 14:49
It seems to me that many of you are young and inexperienced. That said, I certainly DO respect your keeness to get on with your 'careers' and would only wish you well in that pursuit. But here's the problem with CAE pilot provisioning, as I see it.

First of all, CAE is not doing YOU any favours. They are not trying to help you with your career. They are trying to establish an income stream for their training centers by offering you a career assessment and/or a type rating. They also know you're keen, passionate, wannabes quite willing to dole out the funds to pay for it all. They also know the risk you'd be taking because of your lack of experience. Don't expect them to tell you that. It's simply a business proposition and they are quite willing to take your money. As long as you're happy with what you get, great! But fully understand and appreciate the situation you're in, if you do.

Airlines rarely take zero time, inexperienced, freshly type rated Captains. Never mind 250 hour low time F/Os. So don't kid yourself. If you're lucky enough to get on with an airline you're going to have to do their training anyway and take along any bad habits from CAE with you.

It is MY personal opinion that 250 hour pilots should NOT be crewing B737, A320 or even EMB190 passenger aircraft. FULL STOP!
Whether or not a 250 hour pilots can fly any of these aeroplanes is NOT the issue, for they surely can. It seems, based upon what we're reading in this thread, many low time pilots aren't getting it. I didn't get it when I had 250 hours so I don't see why you should. I did eventually get it during my career and would simply like to pass along some encouragement and words of wisdom.
Be patient.
There is no short cut to gaining experience for there is much to learn along the way. The 'scare' time. IMC time. Your experience making decisions. It all takes time. As much as you may be convinced otherwise, there is NO fasttrack.

That's not news but it is REALITY.

StoneColdCloggie
26th Jul 2009, 12:32
Usually I do not reply to these kind of posts, but the comments of Willie above really got me wondering why because he did not get something, everybody else also should not get it.

I would like to ask to show some respect for everyone and not write these kind of useless replies anymore.

Thank you

LH2
26th Jul 2009, 13:02
the comments of Willie above really got me wondering why because he did not get something, everybody else also should not get it.

Because ignorance is bliss, my dear chap. :cool:

I would like to ask to show some respect for everyone and not write these kind of useless replies anymore.

Mind if I ask, Mr Oneposter, why is the voice of experience "useless"? You are of course, always welcome not to listen. :hmm:

T7C
26th Jul 2009, 13:43
It is MY personal opinion that 250 hour pilots should NOT be crewing B737, A320 or even EMB190 passenger aircraft. FULL STOP!

Well, it's his *personal* opinion, to which he's rightfully entitled.
Things here (or in Asia/Australasia e.g. CPA, UAE, SIA or QFA etc) are not like in N.A. where you need a bunch of hours to get into the cockpit of a tp or jet.

Like it or not, THERE IS a fast-track system in Europe (and Asia/Australasia) for 200-hour pilots into the flightdecks of B737s/A320s (and bigger birds, albeit with an SO rank, but still), and it's not just CAE and the SSTR system, some well-known legacy carriers have done it and WILL keep doing it.
That is the reality too.

LH2
27th Jul 2009, 03:56
THERE IS a fast-track system in Europe (and Asia/Australasia) for 200-hour pilots

I think the point being made above was whether it is a good idea for such a system to be in place.

biganonimous
28th Jul 2009, 15:06
Guys stop giving power to these people, all is a lie, how much any of you paid for the assement, now is around 500€, forr lion air + the plane tickets and hotel, if you are succesfull, they will offer you to pay the training course, and the conditions offered in europe, nothing to do with reallity.

Only way to stop this, is dont go and stop using their services, if the airlines need pilots, apply to them and tehy will call you, all these cae, and so on are bloking your job.

Good luck anyway because humans are the only ones who gets desperate and need to be in the bottom of the hole by it self to realize that the other one gave him a real advise about what was going to happend.