PDA

View Full Version : Q re seating on Aer Lingus to Orlando

kerrylegal
11th Sep 2008, 15:35
Hi, wondering if someone can help with advice on seating on trip to Orlando from Dublin in March, seating all appears to be one class without business class being sold, but would I be wrong in assuming that the planes will be configured as a normal transatlantic, with seats at the front having "business class conditions" without the business class service? If so how do you go about getting these seats? As far as I can see from the website there is no online check in for orlando so can't be that way!!

It would be great to get the extra room as have some issues with neck and back that make long haul even more of a pain for me. Paying extra is an option I wouldn't mind either.

anyone able to assist?

Dougal McGuire
11th Sep 2008, 16:32
kerrylegal,
it seems to be just on the orlando flight, give customer services a shout!

heidelberg
11th Sep 2008, 17:25
Hi Kerrylegal.
It's economy class service only DUB to MCO.
However you can book the premier seats for - I think it's presently 250 Euro each way. You are guaranteed individual in seat entertainment, unlike those in economy depending on aircraft in use. Of course there is a lot more room and the seats recline 'a lot - more or less' depending on aircraft in use.
Outbound it can take up to 9+ hours due to headwinds and the overnight flight home is usually 7 hours apx.
One very good advantage is - on arrival at MCO you are first off and can get to immigration and baggage hall/customs quickly. It also means you are one of the first in line for the 'full monty' security treatment by the TSA. (That's another story!!!).
You can book on line - simply enter your booking reference and reserve your premier seat.
Hope this has been of some help.

kerrylegal
11th Sep 2008, 21:37
Thank you very much for that, heidelberg- a bit steep for the family of three though, might just confine myself to the home leg!!! Its really to get the extra leg room as my child is seasoned enough to work his way through his DVDs and nintendo DS quite happily on a long haul. One thought does occur, if a flight is full- mine are around Easter and seem to be filling up fast- are some pax placed in these seats anyway, without paying this supplement?

greygat
15th Sep 2008, 18:05
We flew to Orlando with Aer Lingus in 2005 (the first year they started the flights though they stopped them after 05 until last year I think)

Anyway I vaguely remember them selling upgrades on the way back for $250. I wish we had upgraded now as we ended up stuck behind a young couple who were kissing non stop for almost the entire flight. :eek:

Enjoy your holiday, I love Orlando.

gavin360
15th Sep 2008, 20:37
hi kerrylegal

i have travelled to orlando with ei 3 times since they started up da orlando service again the prem seats are great they use the same aircraft on the route its the a330-300 the price is 250euro each way [it was 200 when the route began] you can look at the aircraft layout on www.seatguru.com (http://www.seatguru.com) the airport in orlando is a drag u have to collect your luggage and then put it through another security check it will take between a hour and a half and two from you get off until you are on the road i take carry on only cos i have a house out der but if travelling with friends i be hanging about 4 dem 4 ages if you are looking for car hire go to www.floridacarhire.com (http://www.floridacarhire.com) better rates and all the ins you require is built in tata enjoy your trip to da sunshine state . ps just checked there online checkin seems to be available now for orlando that flight used 2 b a aerlingus charter flight u got no air points on it but now u can grt dem so b sure and sign up to the frequent flyer program... sorry just tried to check in to my flight and its available to all us airports except orlando:ugh: