PDA

View Full Version : Inverness

isi3000
10th Sep 2008, 15:51
As the internet has failed to help me, I've decided to turn to those with experience :E... Can anyone tell me the average temperature or weather in Inverness? Also, do you get many days where it is ok to fly out there?

Thanks, Izzy

MIKECR
10th Sep 2008, 15:58
Inverness and the Moray area towards Elgin and south to Speyside is actualy quite good weatherwise. Affectionately known as the "Moray Riveria" due to the rather unique fine weather it enjoys, presumably being sheltered by the Highland and Grampian mountains. Quite often while the rest of the uk is being rained on cats and dogs, Moray is basking in glorious sunshine. Theres also the 'arse about face' to that though!!:}

isi3000
10th Sep 2008, 16:01
Ah ok. Thanks MIKECR :}

Green Flash
10th Sep 2008, 17:00
You can tell summer in the Highlands - the rain is warm!

Seriously, the Moray Firth has a very good weather factor (ask the RAF). Try here Met Office: averages 1971-2000 (http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/averages/19712000/sites/kinloss.html) for some stats; Kinloss is representative of Inverness. The only pain is a NE'ly. No orographic cover in that direction so the entire North Sea comes to say hello. And talking of the RAF, the good weather (and challenging landscape) can draw them like flies. Stay above 300' - they'll all be below you!:eek::ok: