PDA

View Full Version : Surveillance Australia

DASHER 8
10th Sep 2008, 14:37
For anybody in S.A. who might be interested in a move to Australia. :ok:Surv. Aus. has just landed some extra flying and are looking for Dash drivers at the moment. Pay and working conditions not too shabby by Aus. standards.

VS -1500 fpm
11th Sep 2008, 14:25
To sit in Australia in a 2 bedroom flat, having to say g'day mate everyday and later see my kids saying g'day mate to me in later years - no thank you. Rather stay here, house, garden and here people say ja boet. The grass is not always greener on the other side!:rolleyes:

VS -1500 fpm
11th Sep 2008, 17:38
Ok, take back every word I said before, where can I apply? Our friends (BEE) just pushed me over the edge this afternoon!!:eek:

Springbok614
11th Sep 2008, 19:17
:: SURVEILLANCE AUSTRALIA (http://www.surveillanceaustralia.com.au/default2.asp)

yeah, pleasure mate, no worries! :ok:

Trawler
11th Sep 2008, 21:35
What i've heard is that on the salary possible to have house and car and boat. You can still speak Afrikaans and your kids can broaden their horizons in SAFETY.

mattedfred
11th Sep 2008, 22:55
i emailed them after i saw this post as a couple weeks ago they said they weren't recruiting

they still aren't

Springbok614
12th Sep 2008, 09:32
yup, only registering interest at this stage!

reptile
12th Sep 2008, 14:43
What i've heard is that on the salary possible to have house and car and boat.

I'm afraid you've heard wrong. I have a mate who've just started with them, and according to him you will definately NOT own a boat or 4x4 on their salary.

He is based in Darwin, which according to him, is beautiful and laid back but damn expensive.

Flightsimman
12th Sep 2008, 16:45
You are right (Darwin is expensive).

If you get a job offer in Adelaide take it..

The standard of living is great and affordable in comparison to the rest of the country and not too busy like Melbourne or Sydney and it's nice and safe as well (none of these fences around housing estates)..

Pitch&Fan
13th Sep 2008, 11:52
If there are any ex-South Africans over in Aus, flying for Surv' Aus, please write a little about the company, what training you do, how the flying is, and what you generally think of the move.

It will be really interesting and informative.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Pitch&Fan

Trawler
13th Sep 2008, 13:30
Regarding boat,car and house. If you try the tipical south african thing of trying to be better than your neighbour with newer toys then yes you can then not have everything. However good secondhand equipment available.

Pitch & Fan,

I think a couple of guys recently departed for Surveillance so I hope they do pass any information that may shed some light on the company. Similar for the guys going to Qantas link.

volare_737
13th Sep 2008, 14:42
Hi everybody. Just to answer some of your questions. And guys - just remember - everybody out there is looking for different things. Thats very important.
I am here in Ausi - land - working for SA.
The money is good ( Salary) - I think (And I am also new here in australia) you can live on it. They got a very good bonus setup which makes the money very good.
Australia is not a cheap place, but you can have a good live with the money you getting at SA.
Just remember it depends what you are looking for. If you are looking for an airline career, flying big Jets then you must go to Emirates. If you want to see you kids drive there bicycles to school while you are sitting on your veranda in the morning , then you must come here.
Like I said - I am here at the moment. Its not easy. We are used to our way of living in South Africa.
Think about what you want !!!!!!!!!!
I would not change it for anything !!!! And I am only here for two months !!!!!
Anybody want to know more - don’t worry matte - contact me !!!!

DASHER 8
13th Sep 2008, 15:11
I can definately vouch for the previous post, as i have also been here for about 2 months. Getting through the exams is not to be taken lightly, but is not anything that any ATPL from South Africa can not handle. These guys are very thorough, so the whole process does drag out a little, but the training is of a high standard. Aussie is not a cheap place to live, but after doing a little homework this side, the sallary is very competitive both in terms of the aircraft you are flying relative to what other jobs are paying here in Aus. as well as the lifestyle this sallary will give you compared to South Africa. For anyone who is unhappy in the Zuma Zone this is a really good option.

mattedfred
13th Sep 2008, 15:40
dasher8,

i guess since you work there you should know if they got more work yet they are telling me that they aren't recruiting

could it be because i am a canadian ATPL with only a canadian citizenship?

do you know anyone at skippers aviation in WA?

DASHER 8
14th Sep 2008, 10:33
Surv. Aus. definately has got the extra work, but they have quite a long turnaround time between the expression of interest and the start date especially when it comes to non Aussies, due to all the processes and red tape that one has to get through. I would suggest to anyone who is keen to apply and wait, but don't expect it to happen in a month or two. I don't know anyone at Skippers but i just got a mail from a mate who popped in there a few days ago and they are looking for suitably qualified crew.

Heritage 1
22nd Sep 2008, 12:17
Hey Volare 737, not answering your PM's anymore?

ATP_Al
26th Oct 2008, 02:03
Does anyone know how many people they are likely to be recruiting and when? I'm a british DHC8-300 captain with over 1500 hours on type, I am in with a chance?

Thanks,

Al

DASHER 8
26th Oct 2008, 11:04
At a glance there isn't anything wrong with your hours, but right now the crew numbers appear to be exactly correct for the planned flying. It would not do you any harm to submit all your stuff, as there is a really long time between expressing interest and actually getting on line and who knows what may happen from a crewing point of view as well as what management may have up their sleaves in the near future.

OverRun
26th Oct 2008, 12:01
When you're getting close:

http://www.geocities.com/profemery/rsa.pdf

dooziwatsit
12th Nov 2008, 00:02
It would seem that at the moment they are not recruiting, or are only recruiting FOs.