PDA

View Full Version : Flybe given Swissport 30 days notice

the bears
10th Sep 2008, 14:00
Have been told that flybe have given swissport bhx 30 days notice.

Maude Charlee
10th Sep 2008, 16:39
Wouldn't surprise me - standard of handling there this year has been utterly appalling, particularly on the passenger handling side of the operation. Constant problems with failing to request WCHR assistance despite being notified on movement messages, and long waits for passengers after clearing the handlers to commence boarding - 20 minutes not an unusual delay in getting things started.

Mister Geezer
10th Sep 2008, 18:12
Oooooooh.... :}

exaviation
10th Sep 2008, 19:09
is that a 30 day improvement, or 30 days and its over?

bazzab68
10th Sep 2008, 19:51
Who da f@@k will handle them now. Am sure Aviance wont take em back and Scurvyair are running around like nutters.......

Barry

legalize
10th Sep 2008, 20:56
This is the 4th time i'v heard this rumour this year!! Bottom line is Flybe know that with all their demands no one else is mad enough to handle them.

OPS1978
11th Sep 2008, 09:33
Have heard that flybe have another agent waiting in the wings.

beefster
11th Sep 2008, 09:38
its a 30 day improvement which was given on monday

1station
11th Sep 2008, 16:27
OPS1978

Another agent waiting in the wings? Do you have any further information?

beefster
11th Sep 2008, 21:00
Rumour is that it could well be Menzies but that has been floating round for ages we will just have to wait and see. Since the 30 days was given i have never seen so many of the management floating about on the ramp seen more of them in the last 2 days than i have in the last 2 years

legalize
11th Sep 2008, 21:05
Its all well and good having extra management floating around but from my experience they tend to be more of a nuisance than a help!! From what I have heard th emajority of the problems are ramp related. What do high heel Halo's no about the ramp:ugh:. Exactly!!

call100
11th Sep 2008, 22:21
If true I suppose this had to happen. Never any staff to meet aircraft on stand.
Do the Managers who have suddenly appeared work the night shift???
I doubt anything will improve...If the staff have been reduced then with all the will in the world they won't be there to meet the aircraft. :ugh:

the bears
12th Sep 2008, 11:35
Try to find someone to meet any of the flights in T1 impossible I dont blame the staff they work very hard just been let down by the powers that be.:ugh:

groundhogbhx
12th Sep 2008, 22:21
Maude Charlee

Would these movement messages be the same ones that often arrive after the aircraft?? Flybe's silent flight deck policy wouldn't help either, if you don't know that there are wheelchair pax's on a flight it is possible to wait anything up to 1 hour if you need the ambulift. OCS are getting hammered just like everyone else and give priority to those calls made in advance. Maybe some procedures need to be looked at before blaming everything on the staff that are doing the best they can with the resources and information they are given. I'm just glad I don't have to put up with all the :mad: any more!!!

Maude Charlee
13th Sep 2008, 13:23
RT calls would be well and good if someone was able to answer the radio. Very often can't even get an answer when sitting on stand wondering where the dispatcher has been for the last 30 minutes and where our pax are.

As for the Telex messages, try turning it on. Works a treat. :}

groundhogbhx
13th Sep 2008, 21:38
Try sitting in their office for a bit and see what the few staff left have to put up with, you certainly wouldn't work under the same conditions! Like I said, I glad I don't have to put up with that anymore I just feel very sorry for those that do:(

OPS1978
14th Sep 2008, 11:01
Flybe dont have despatchers at bhx it is Team Leaders. Doing the turnrounds

tally ho old chap
16th Sep 2008, 21:00
strong rumor that Scottish company called alba ground handling are gearing up to handle them

call100
17th Sep 2008, 09:10
One of the Flybe pilots waiting to come onto stand on Monday night kept saying he was trying to contact Menzies........Was that a Freudian slip?
I think it is pretty obvious that Swissport don't actually want to continue with the contract.
Whatever happens, within 6 months everyone will be complaining about any new agents that appear and their service will have gone down hill rapidly.

OPS1978
17th Sep 2008, 13:30
There is no way flybe will leave swissport no one wants the hassle the contract brings. But saying that if flybe do leave swissport can swissport bhx survive on just Monarch.PK.Swiss.Cyprus Airways?.

Mr_D
17th Sep 2008, 14:30
Watch out folks cause Plane Handling are moving in and they will take most contracts at BHX including 'Flybe' (thats if Flybe are not the next airline to go bump!!) :ok:

OPS1978
17th Sep 2008, 14:37
who are coming into BHX never heard of them sorry!!!

DAVYDAY
17th Sep 2008, 14:42
Watch out folks cause Plane Handling are moving in
hahahahahahaha..:8

Plane Handling are just Aviance owned by the Go-Ahead group same people same :mad:
sh*** handling company that they got rid of to go to Swissport.

I think you will find it is a 30 -60 or 90 day improvment notice Swissport got from Flybe

Panic in BHX.................best laugh yet Plane Handling hahahahahahahaha:O

OPS1978
17th Sep 2008, 14:59
Plane handling when is this agent going to start up and when do people think they will enter the fold at bhx?. Would flybe touch a new ground agent i dont think so.

Captain Caveman
17th Sep 2008, 15:33
Come back Aj all is forgiven ! :}

bazzab68
18th Sep 2008, 13:39
See swissport have secured the TK contract at BHX. Seems their top bods do not read PPrune... Money again wins the day and not service...

Barry

legalize
18th Sep 2008, 14:11
How many flights a week is it? Has it been conformed that Swissport have the contract?

bazzab68
18th Sep 2008, 16:04
5 a week and yes confirmed.......

Barry

exaviation
20th Sep 2008, 10:35
No they would not operate without a large contract, it would be last one turn out the lights......shame

exaviation
20th Sep 2008, 10:37
he was an A H !

rolandpull
22nd Sep 2008, 19:07
Why dont these people self handle? The operation has to be big enough to sustain such an endeavour - surely. I know the op has grown since my ASM days, but to continue to throw good money after bad has got to be a concern.. Only those carriers that can continue the 'repeat business' will survive.

Do any GHA's employ Quality Management systems?