PDA

View Full Version : Flights to India

Dan Air 87
9th Sep 2008, 17:54
I'm due to go to Mumbai and Bangalore in a few weeks time. Mumbai will have to be with Jet or Virgin but what is the opinion about Kingfisher? Better than BA or the other carriers?
Thanks
DA87

remarkablebean
9th Sep 2008, 18:05
Kingfisher Airlines Official 5-Star Ranking for Kingfisher Airlines product and service quality (http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/IT.htm)

Might help your decision making process

Rush2112
11th Sep 2008, 09:26
Kingfisher goes pretty well with a curry. I find the red label version gives me a headache though.:ok:

Dan Air 87
12th Sep 2008, 16:15
Thanks. My travel guru at the office (her who is to be obeyed-and don't you dare think of changing the flights that you are booked on) has booked me to go with Jet to BOM and on to Bangalore and Kingfisher for the flight home. Should be good.

condorbaaz
18th Sep 2008, 04:21
Once you fly Kingfisher, you will be Hooked...

That is what everyone tells me

computer jockey
18th Sep 2008, 08:49
I for one am looking forward to trying Kingfisher's London flight. I fly them a lot on internal flights.
I ditched BA a while back for my India - UK - India flights after I discovered the pleasures of flying on Jet Airways, and Kingfisher have a better domestic product than Jet (IMHO), so it will be interesting to see. My next scheduled rotation back to the UK is just before Kingfisher starts their London route, so it would be interesting to hear anyone's experiences once it starts up.

Dan Air 87
18th Sep 2008, 14:12
Yeah, I can't wait. Its as I thought- Jet Airways to Mumbai and Kingfisher home. We aren't going Virgin on this route which is a shame but I'll be interested to see how Jet and Kingfisher perform in comparison. I think we are going Jet Mumbai to Bangalore but we'll find out when we are in Mumbai. I am really looking forward to Kingfisher though.

Happy landings!

thegripper
18th Oct 2008, 20:56
Kingfisher are marginally ahead of Jet, based on internal India flights IMHO. Both are pretty good - still doing free food even on short flights.

SS2000
24th Oct 2008, 21:34
Done the BA route to BLR a few times. Enjoyed NCW but the flight times aren't ideal.

imho direct flights are a must given the number of delays I've had when going via mumbai

Dan Air 87
28th Oct 2008, 20:51
Well it all seems such a long time ago but we took Jet to Mumbai and that was good. Economy class was fine -better than VS and BA. After I had spent three days in Mumbai and then Delhi and Bangalore for ten days of fun. The return flight home was with Kingfisher and it was simply fantastic on an A330. Economy class but it was much better than Jet or VS Economy/ Premium Economy. Had a great flight; crew were brilliant and I can't wait for more routes please. I should mention that the food was the best I have tasted on this route. I would give Jet 95/100 but Kingfisher are there at 99.99/ 100.

malq
3rd Nov 2008, 06:49
Barring breakfast which is really terrible on ALL Virgin Atlantic sectors (and I end up doing Delhi - London - JFK or SFO/LAX often), I find Upper Class in VS to be better on all other counts than Business in 9W, mainly because it does seem as though VS are trying harder.

In addition, the frequent flyer programme as well as facilities at London T-3 are way ahead on VS, while 9W/IT seem to be struggling in a dark corner.

HOWEVER:- Now and then, I would say once every 4 flights, you end up having a racist experience with somebody at VS - and that does spoil things.

John Marsh
3rd Nov 2008, 19:19
malq: I'm shocked by your statement re. racism at Virgin. Please do not let the person or people concerned continue to treat you like this - it is not acceptable. Send the details to [email protected] or write to:

The Office,
Crawley Business Quarter,
Manor Royal, Crawley,
West Sussex,
RH10 9NU

I would expect no less than swift action against the racist(s), plus sizeable compensation for you.

TightSlot
3rd Nov 2008, 23:30
Thank you both - now back on topic please.