PDA

View Full Version : Swissport gate staff

Surrey Towers
9th Sep 2008, 09:17
I travelled STN to PIK on FR last Thursday and was somewhat taken aback when I arrived at the gate to find a Swissport woman scoffing food and finding it too difficult to answers questions.

It was most unpleasant to see and being in uniform a disgraceful example of how handling staff should behave when on duty.

skysky
10th Sep 2008, 03:31
Thats shocking - how dare she eat at the gate or infact eat at all

the fact shes might be double shift covering for someone who didnt come in or didnt get a break because shes been sent from gate to gate is irreleveant due to staff shortage or some other unseen reason,

yes granted she should have stopped and answered your questions which 99% of the time you are either asking the wrong person, wrong handling agent, not looking at the screens correctly, or not thinking "how can i help myself without bothering this poor person"

what was wrong, couldnt you look at the screens for you flight, ahh of course it wasnt listed (how many times have i heard that !!) or lost your way ? look at teh big signs above the gates they have numbers and/or letters usually in a sequence.

These monitors around the airport are a wealth of info, next time have a look at them and stop bothering staff.

sorry, dont see your problem !!

(if you wanted a bite, you shoul have just asked her, she might have shared !"

Lauderdale
10th Sep 2008, 08:31
Get a life Surrey Towers......this really is not what PPRUNE was designed for.

:mad:

RTR
10th Sep 2008, 13:28
Touchy aren't we? Or are you protecting a common practice? If so, it seems to me that ST was not far off the ball and Swissport should consider their attitude to the public they serve.

boeingbus2002
11th Sep 2008, 11:22
Just out of interest, what time was this?
As some have mentioned, there are numerous reasons, such as not having a break earlier etc.
However also with it being Ramadan, it could be a staff member opening her fast for a few minutes/some diabetic needing to take something to keep sugar levels up.

One thing perhaps is either way a bit more discretion could perhaps be used.
Either way I echo Lauderdales original post!! ;)

lewis272
13th Sep 2008, 02:02
I also echo all above.

Just out of interest ST, have you worked in an environment such as ours? Not a regular 9 till 5, sometimes it's better to step back, and think, hmm, poss been on shift 12+ hours, poss just spent last xxxx hours sorting hotac for pax due to tech, I'm afraid "we are human" and "need to eat", prob the only op to eat was at the gate. Sorry ......

boeingbus2002
13th Sep 2008, 09:35
Perhaps ST would rather she took her meal break at a given time like "normal" people...! He would of course be more understanding and wouldn't complain when there are no gate staff to board his flight!! :ugh::ugh: