PDA

View Full Version : YPED- RAAF Edin.

sthaussiepilot
9th Sep 2008, 04:40
G'day,

Just wondering what else is happening with the "Super Base" and when the RAAF are supposed to leave the base......

You guys know anything?

(Just to catch others up, apparantly, it is being converted into a super base, and will be for the RAA, the RAN might have a small portion of it, and the RAAF might be able to have some space, but it will apparantly be becomming a RAA base...)

Cheers

Like This - Do That
9th Sep 2008, 04:54
RAA? I'm sure some clever PPRuNers will come up with smart@rse response ... do you mean AAAvn?

First I've heard of any moves that way for AAAvn, but then I'm not AAAvn so what would I know?

sthaussiepilot
9th Sep 2008, 05:00
lol, nope its RAA its becomming an Army Base, they might be AAAvn, but all I've herd is Army

scran
9th Sep 2008, 06:01
Plan is for an Army Regular Army (ARA) Battalion (700+ troops) to be raised in SA and based somewhere around what is now RAAF Edinburgh.

Can't say I have heard much about the P3's moving....................

sthaussiepilot
9th Sep 2008, 06:06
(I only said, Army blogsy, incase that was directed at me lol)

Any Ideas when this is happening?

I herd Next year, seems a little fast, although I know this has been in the pipes for 3-4 years... maybe more, maybe less

Like This - Do That
10th Sep 2008, 03:03
sthaussiepilot check your PMs

Ogre
10th Sep 2008, 03:08
It hadn't changed when I drove to work this morning, but I'll check on the way home......

The local rag had an article in October last year saying that it would all be ready forn 2011 when the Army moves in. The plan included a new HQ and offices for the grunts, a new fitness centre and mess, battlefield simulation centre, driver training track and firing range.

PM me and I'll post you the article

Ogre

sthaussiepilot
10th Sep 2008, 05:59
RGR, and replied to you:ok:

Just had herd a few things from current members of the RAAF, and was curious to see where things were...