PDA

View Full Version : Emirates stops A380 flights

preset
9th Sep 2008, 02:12
Its being reported EK have grounded the A380 saying "planned engineering work was taking longer than expected " but London's Telegraph reported that an electrical fault was to blame for the halt on flights.
EK are saying they expect flights to resume on Sept 12th. Mmmmm

anartificialhorizon
9th Sep 2008, 08:02
What do they expect?

They receive the aircraft direct from Airbus and then only 2 days later introduce it on long haul flights.....

Singapore Airlines at least gradually introduced their one into service and slowly ramped up frequencies as they received aircraft...

Had to also laugh about the lastest EK A380 weight saving initiatives where they are looking at "all possible measures" to save weight, and then in the next sentence they are insisting on keeping the inflight cabin showers with all the associated weight incurred with the water carried....

Should the First Class pax not be made to pay carbon taxes for each shower they take?

Short Approach?
9th Sep 2008, 08:20
It seems that the mentioned showers in first class is indeed the problem they are struggling with.

Rainboe
9th Sep 2008, 11:51
Should the First Class pax not be made to pay carbon taxes for each shower they take?
Nonsense. They pay more than adequately for the luxury service provided for them! I have to laugh at this 'green taxes' thing. I'm supposed to pay a tax to 'someone' for daring to fly to the Maldives or wherever? Er...hello! I wasn't born yesterday! 'Green' is nothing more than an excuse for money hungry politicians to impose new taxes. Does anybody voluntarily pay them? Taken to the extreme, Abramovitch has a personal 767. Good luck to him! And I hope he keeps it in the UK. Bet he laughs at these taxes too!

Load Toad
9th Sep 2008, 23:52
If there is a 'Green Tax' where does the money collected go to and what is it used for?

JEM60
10th Sep 2008, 05:56
Can't be too much wrong with them.. Singapore Airlines have just notched up over 1,000 flights with theirs.!!