PDA

View Full Version : Kemble under threat - yet again!

thatscaptaintou
8th Sep 2008, 20:01
Following the CLEUD awarded to Kemble by Cotswold District Council, it now seems that North Wiltshire District Council, in whose boundaries part of the airport lies, are threatening to challenge the CLEUD and are seeking a judicial review:

Flying in doubt at Kemble (From Swindon Advertiser) (http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/3655559.Flying_in_doubt_at_Kemble/)

Why can't people just leave us alone!!!!

Rob82
8th Sep 2008, 21:09
So the airports been there as an airport since 1938 and now it suddenly needs a piece of paper to carry on doing so..........Anyone else think this is pointless??

I say they open Kemble up for scheduled airline flights.
Swindon could do with an airport you know :ok:

tangovictor
8th Sep 2008, 23:50
Petition to: introduce a green paper proposing ways, that, where complaints have been instigated by resident(s) against a long standing activity (for example, church bells, sports facility, local airfield and similar), and where residence has been ta (http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/livewithit/)
here's the link, to stop people moaning about airfields etc that's been there long before they moved in

Romeo India Xray
9th Sep 2008, 03:33
I am now signed up. Where I first trained there was a house on the extended centreline at about 700m range from the threshold. House was sold and the new resident complained to the MP the first day they lived there.

The airfield was clearly visible from the house - did these people not open their eyes. They infuriate me!!!

Kemble does not deserve to be faced with such a threat - It is one of the finest GA airfields in the UK and should be celebrated as a centre of excellence.

manrow
9th Sep 2008, 06:50
I am now signed up too. But as this needs to be completed before 17th September, we all need to circulate this to as many as possible UK residents quickly.

Kemble is but the start of what could be a rapid loss of aviation facilities, and other general aviation airfields.

thatscaptaintou
9th Sep 2008, 18:14
Signed up also.

Note that the no. of complaints from residents when the Red Arrows were there = 0

Might be nothing in that of course :suspect: