PDA

View Full Version : Quick Hour building in USA

profot
8th Sep 2008, 17:50
Hello

I know there are many threads on hour building but I need to do 30 hours as quickly as possible and was wondering if anyone experienced with the United States knew which area had the most stable and reliable VFR weather?

I've been to Florida in the past and struggled with daily TS and California seems to be full of haze and fog???

Someone on the hour buildng threads mentions Kansas but have no idea what goes on there

Any help is much appreciated

BHenderson
8th Sep 2008, 18:24
Go to California - you can always head inland to get away from any fog that might form. Thunderstorms in Florida however, are a sure thing.

worldpilot
9th Sep 2008, 17:34
Try Nevada (Las Vegas). You should be alright there.

profot
9th Sep 2008, 19:47
Thanks guys.. Ive flown a little in California before but it was in the LA basin so that is probably why I had so many viz problems.. #I guess Nevada or inland is the way forward.

Next question is does anyone have any flight center recommendations?

ChrisLKKB
9th Sep 2008, 20:34
North Las Vegas (KVGT) is a great airport and there's some great flying to be done there. Death Valley, Hoover Dam, The Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Lake Havasu (London Bridge), Lake Tahoe..... Mountain flying is great (just don't forget to lean) and iirc, it's Pierce Ferry where you can take off and almost imedeately decend into a canyon which is a great buzz.

Superpilot
9th Sep 2008, 21:18
Arizona. Lot's to choose from. AngelAir will treat you nicely and have a fantastic fleet.

INNflight
9th Sep 2008, 21:21
Someone on the hour buildng threads mentions Kansas but have no idea what goes on there

Not as much as in SoCal or Florida for sure....but that's a good thing - keeps you focused on flying :D

Winter is not the most ideal time though I guess. Arizona all the way.

profot
9th Sep 2008, 21:47
Cheers chaps

I shall give those suggestions a whirl.. I like the idea of North Vegas, It seems that it will keep me out of the fog of the LA basin and open me up to some interesting flying..

Your help is much appreciated

em20
9th Sep 2008, 22:27
Try Hillside Aviation in Redding, CA. VFR every day till late November when it can rain a lot. Call over there and ask for Karl at 530-241-4204. 30 hour block time available for $2750.

FlyingWrench
9th Sep 2008, 22:59
Check out myairflightschool.com located in the inland empire of Southern California. Block rates are available.

michael95u
10th Sep 2008, 00:11
Kansas this time of year is pretty clear. Good time of year to fly!

Michael

agent.oen
10th Sep 2008, 10:10
As someone else pointed out, you should opt for Arizona. Phoenix, Arizona to be more precise. SFA conduct most of their integrated student hour building there. You might want to look into that.

AO

profot
10th Sep 2008, 14:54
Thanks Gentlemen, currently researching options in Arizona and VGT... I need a break from this barrage of lows' we are getting here in Hampshire