PDA

View Full Version : Exercise over Liverpool Bay/Irish Sea?

paulmbe
8th Sep 2008, 11:38
Lots of aircraft flying past my office this morning in Birkenhead out to sea, AWACs spotted yesterday. Simple curiosity, is there a big exercise on or something? We see aircaft on a fairly regular basis flying by but seems a lot today
(first thread/question, be gentle :))

spekesoftly
8th Sep 2008, 12:19
Probably the RAF aircraft that were positioned at LJLA over the week-end (for the Southport Airshow) returning home.

diginagain
8th Sep 2008, 12:22
Probably the RAF aircraft that were positioned at LJLA over the week-end (for the Southport Airshow) returning home.

Or some local scalleys legging-it into the blue with their new-found loot.

paulmbe
8th Sep 2008, 12:35
that'd be well trained and organised scallys if they could nick that many aircraft in one go!

alexmac
8th Sep 2008, 14:49
Oi ! We're not all that bad :}

Exactly as been said; aircraft departing for home plate from Liverpool, heard the Typhoon departing 1500ft SVFR up the Mersey this morning.

jayteeto
8th Sep 2008, 15:45
They were in the hold for 20 minutes waiting for their airshow slot. The track was east to west along the top of the wirral. Great show with limited resources, well done people!! So good to see the Vulcan flying :ok:

paulmbe
8th Sep 2008, 17:36
Thanks for that. I'm the office anorak (Fairford every year etc) so I was getting phone calls from all over asking what was going on! Thought this was the best place to get a quick answer. Aren't I the idiot tho for thinking it was next weekend, missed the Vulcan! :ugh: