PDA

View Full Version : easy jet cancelled tfs flight 06/09?

kathpassmore
6th Sep 2008, 19:11
hi, does anyone have any info on why this flight was cancelled today? i've a friend who was booked to go on holiday today & they've just been told its cancelled & been sent home????

IB4138
6th Sep 2008, 19:26
I take it you are referring to the ex MAN flight.

Easy appear to have had problems with both MAN based aircraft today.

The aircraft operating EZY1998 due at 14:25 from Malta, is expected tomorrow at 06:00.

kathpassmore
6th Sep 2008, 19:29
yes, it was from manchester
so what happens...do they just have to claim off insurance then?

they weren't given any information & the only other flight avail was monarch at £600 so they're currently looking like they're not going to be able to get away at all. can they just cancel like this? never heard of it happening before

TSR2
6th Sep 2008, 21:02
Maybe its a lack of crew. One of last weeks flights to PFO was cancelled at short notice.

TSR2
6th Sep 2008, 21:29
I assume they were told at check-in that the flight was cancelled without further explanation.

The easyjet T&C's are straight forward in these circumstances. Your friend is entitled to up to 400 Euro's compensation in addition to:
a. Re-routing to your destination at the earliest opportunity OR
b. Re-routing to your destination at a later date at your convenience subject to availability OR
c. A refund for the journey not made PLUS a return ticket to your destination at the earliest available time.

In the case of (a.) easyjet will provide food and overnight accommodation if necessary.