PDA

View Full Version : Puma Reunion 2008

Cim Jartner
6th Sep 2008, 13:25
obnoxio f*ckwit is being lazy by refusing to start a new thread.........

He's also organising the 2008 Puma reunion - 28th Nov - usual place.

If you don't know where that is you don't need to know blah blah blah.......

Ususal stuff - meet up with loads of people you've been trying to avoid for the last 12 months, listen to how important senior officers really are blah blah blah.....watch obnoxio f*ckwit sweat etc....

A whole load of blah blah blah really

Wouldn't miss it for the world!

Dundiggin'
7th Sep 2008, 18:01
...count me in matey...........:}

Roger Sofarover
9th Sep 2008, 07:33
Thank you Cim. Bye the way obnoxio is not being lazy! He is just practicing for being a civvy:}

Occasional Aviator
9th Sep 2008, 09:39
Excellent - another opportunity to catch up with everyone who's been avoiding me and blah on about how important I am..... although I probably won't make it until the evening, by which time everyone will be slightly out of focus.

Roger Sofarover
9th Sep 2008, 12:42
So how important are you? Please tell me so i can tell you!

EESDL
10th Sep 2008, 07:14
Can just imagine it now...........
old HC1 Pumas smoking cigars, leaning over the Mess fire, trying to keep their joints warm whilst waiting for the grand entrance of the HC2 new boy.
Lots of sniggering and snide remarks with macho displays of cabs downing tins of hyd oil.
Other cabs being reunited with their 'wendy house' which they had lost years ago and others plotting to spoil the Puma reunion until the old crocks realise that the new HC2 boy also does not have anticipators...................
Happy Days

Seymour Belvoir
10th Sep 2008, 16:14
I'll be there; might even bring the mess cannon, if I can get it on the trooper.:=

jumpjumpjohn
10th Sep 2008, 19:16
Think it's already pencilled in as part of our work-up - much like obnoxio's replacement made it a requisite part of our OCF a few years back! ;)

obnoxio f*ckwit
12th Sep 2008, 10:14
Jim, sorry Cim, said

.....watch obnoxio f*ckwit sweat etc....

You'll be lucky because

a. I'll be 500 miles away and

b. At the end of November in the particular location that is 500 miles away it will be f*cking freezing and nobody will be sweating until at least March.

Y'all have a nice time.

And no singing.

Well not that much...

Globemeister
12th Sep 2008, 10:38
I flew one once in Belize and it scared the b'jesus out of me (and the old moustaschioed gadgey next to me - Ged?)...blades went the wrong way 'round :eek:and it had no anticipators, unlike the Clingon:cool:. Landed on that Caye near the Blue Hole....oh those were the days (esp as Cim Jartner was my (Ops) Bitch at the time!):}

appleavi8or
12th Sep 2008, 19:20
Missed last years but will definitely be at this one.

Can't wait to spill into the RAF Club reception looking all nice and Air Force-like at midnight again.

Where is it again? It's all a bit vague.

Cim Jartner
12th Sep 2008, 22:57
(esp as Cim Jartner was my (Ops) Bitch at the time!)http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/badteeth.gifIf anyone now needs an ops bitch - I am suddenly available for employment!!!

lsh
13th Sep 2008, 15:56
Could someone please PM me the time & place, I'm off that day.
As it will be my "first time", should I expect an initiation???
(I can bring my own XG284!)
thanks,
lsh

WASALOADIE
9th Nov 2008, 18:49
I can almost taste that first beer (or six). See you all there

Dundiggin'
29th Nov 2008, 10:33
:ok:Just returned from the thrash in Londinium.....well that's a lie actually as I'm now enduring the following day's hangover......well done to all who attended from far flung parts of the Empire....a bloody good do - looking forward to next year's event already. Didn't see Cartner but I expect he was on the floor at the back :O. Nice to see the Puma spirit is alive and kicking. Well done Roger Small and Reg for Issue 2 of SH Songbook - epic etc or should I use the code and say '101 mateys'. Many thanks. Cheers and stay safe! :E

R 21
29th Nov 2008, 13:44
My head hurts !!!

I think the night went like this : 101 - 108 - 116 - 117 - 215 - 223 - 102 - 101!

See you next year :ok:

WASALOADIE
29th Nov 2008, 14:08
A great night except for some thieving Gypsy taking my song book from my coat pocket. God to meet up with old mates again and some new ones. See you all again next year.

Regards to all, wasaloadie

RETDPI
29th Nov 2008, 15:04
On the off chance:
Anybody like to update me on any of the Puma members of this 1975 shot?
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u242/gjquick/Ald20002.jpg

Cim Jartner
29th Nov 2008, 15:57
I think they all were released as part of the Good Friday agreement!

lsh
29th Nov 2008, 16:32
Thanks all, "a grand day out"!
Love the FRC format for the songbook, good to have the brevity code in, my favorite page is on the back of the "amendment request"!!!
Well done Roger & Reg.
lsh
:)

Dundiggin'
29th Nov 2008, 16:34
I remember the bloke on the right as being an obnoxious Aussie who was a little too big for his boots and I believe he eventually went back to Aussie having p@ssed off all and sundry :( after a tour on 33 Sqn. His name was Wright but I cannot remember his christian name. The others may have become 230 Sqn chaps :yuk:.

RETDPI
29th Nov 2008, 16:48
Well, that's one out of three...........

Dundiggin'
30th Nov 2008, 10:43
I presume you mean there are two other Aussies in the photo?

ShyTorque
30th Nov 2008, 10:58
I've seen that photo before but can someone remind me where it might have been? Is it from 240 OCU's linebook?

RETDPI
30th Nov 2008, 11:28
Dundiggin.
There was the one Aussie ( who was ginger headed IIRC) It is him you have ID'd ( Ex UH-1 inc Vietnam etc .etc.........:zzz:)
The two guys on the other end of the bench were also with this particular Puma.

Dundiggin'
30th Nov 2008, 12:47
If that's a Puma my c@cks a kipper!

charliegolf
30th Nov 2008, 13:10
Second from the right looks a bit like Mike Wright, but can't be sure.

CG

RETDPI
30th Nov 2008, 13:31
"If that's a Puma my c@cks a kipper!"
:D

( Second from right -as we look at it, is certainly not MW)

chinook240
30th Nov 2008, 17:33
Far left could be Chas Chubb, one of the nicest blokes ever, and Barry Hobkirk in the middle? Looks like they're sitting in front of a RIC cabin, maybe at Gut?

RETDPI
30th Nov 2008, 17:44
Chinook 240
Chas Chubb Rings a bell! Agree with your sentiment.
The object behind is indeed an ATREL
The guy in the middle isn't BH.

RETDPI
30th Nov 2008, 18:11
I hope your Reunion went well,
If anybody would care to copy the shot and circulate it amongst the geriatrics I would welcome any response via PM, especially confirmation of the second guy in from the left.
Kind Regards and thanks for the memories HeliDet.
Just who was that @hole in the middle? :hmm:

ShyTorque
30th Nov 2008, 18:54
I think the chap on the left is the late Chas Chubb, RAF.

Chas perished in an Aussie Chinook vs. wires accident; whilst on an exchange tour. In the late 70s IIRC.

Emerson Cahooners
30th Nov 2008, 20:28
Didn't see Cartner but I expect he was on the floor at the back

Nah, he was too busy playing at being Fireman Sam in Crazy Larry's! :}

Cim Jartner
30th Nov 2008, 23:07
It was a set-up, someone pulled the pin and left him to be abused by the bouncers!!

oldbeefer
1st Dec 2008, 07:22
On the off chance:
Anybody like to update me on any of the Puma members of this 1975 shot?
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u242/gjquick/Ald20002.jpg I'm sure I could, but my festering company PC won't let me see pictures on Prune. Will check when I get home.

lsh
1st Dec 2008, 09:45
This is'nt going to help a lot, but;
I dont recognise any of these guys from the Puma.
Is the guy on the right Dave Morgan? (Wessex, timings about right).
Dont remember Chas Chubb as being Puma. (Wessex/Chin)
Certainly seen the guy 2nd right before! Name?
As I said, I havent helped at all, typical crewman, just confused the issue!!
lsh

RETDPI
1st Dec 2008, 10:01
I can guarantee it's not ,but from this angle the Aussie does indeed look a lot like Dave ( Navy /Air Force/ Navy) Morgan.

P.S. Check your PM's :)

oldbeefer
1st Dec 2008, 14:39
Got the piccy now. You sure it's '75 as I was on 230 then and don't recognise anyone (except the guy on the right who looks very much like Ewan A - but he was later, around '77)

oldbeefer
1st Dec 2008, 16:02
Memory returns - bloke on right was 33s Aussie. Still not sure about the rest. Second left Pete E?

ShyTorque
1st Dec 2008, 16:26
Lsh,

CC wasn't Puma qualified, IIRC, so you're not as confused as you might think.

So it's still one bark for yes! By sheer fluke, just taken someone else to casualty with something in her eye. :ouch:

I think the photo is of an OCU Wessex course because they all needed a haircut and a decent tie, no taste whatsoever.

I don't think it's Dave Morgan, btw.

RETDPI
1st Dec 2008, 16:46
Not Wessex,
These guys never got round to putting their caps on back-to-front and pretending to be U-boat commanders looking through periscopes.

lsh
1st Dec 2008, 22:59
Hey ShyTorque!
I hate to think what she had in her eye, did it sting?!
Now let me go look up "sympathy" in the dictionary.
Woof!
lsh

ShyTorque
1st Dec 2008, 23:17
It surely did, but she was far too old, even for you and I. :)

teeteringhead
3rd Dec 2008, 17:18
Is the one on the right E*** A********???

Deffo not Chas Chubb - he wasn't quite that porky in 1975, had a moustache and was in Germany then ... and of course had the good taste never to fly the Puma.......... God rest him :(

Dundiggin'
3rd Dec 2008, 17:26
If you look back at post #21 you will see exactly who the guy is on the RHS of the photo. It is DEFINITELY NOT E--n A-------r!

ShyTorque
3rd Dec 2008, 19:31
I don't understand the supposed Puma connection; that "airframe" isn't a helicopter and judging by the stencilled paint wording behind them, more likely a RIC portable laboratory. :8

So, Mein "Gruppenfuhrer" Teeteringhead, might it have been taken in Germany, I wonder?

chinook240
5th Dec 2008, 12:53
As I said in post #29 Looks like they're sitting in front of a RIC cabin, maybe at Gut?