PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan Airlines 747s at MAN?

donnlass
4th Sep 2008, 08:57
Hello all

I'm hoping that you can resolve a discussion between myself and my brother who is adamant that he sees a Pakistan Airlines 747 flying past his office every day having departed Manchester.

I know for certain I have only ever seen a 777 ER coming in but he seems certain that they fly 747s.

Maybe he is confusing it with China Cargo but if anyone can clarify that for me I would be grateful.

Cheers

Donnlass

PS Moderator

IS there any chance of my TWA 800 post being resurrected as every time I try and click on it, it comes up cant find the page and there are other replies on it I would be interested in reading.

Cheers:bored:

scamptonboy
4th Sep 2008, 09:22
Donnlass

I think your Bruv is confused, it is only the 777's that operate the flights.

Off the top of my head the 747's were banned from European flights around about 2006 - 7 time.

You are probably right in saying he's getting confused with the China Cargo lumps that come across the lincolnshire and south yorkshire area on thier way to Manchester

Scamps

AircraftOperations
4th Sep 2008, 12:35
747 operators at MAN include:

Virgin Atlantic
China Airlines Cargo
Dragonair Cargo (CX)
Cathay Pacific Cargo
Great Wall Cargo

Recent 747s have been:

Jett8 Cargo
Kalitta Cargo (charter)
Atlas Air (charter)
Transaero (charter)
Corsair (charter)
Qantas (charter)

PIA only use 777 equipment to MAN. (-200 and -300 variants)

donnlass
4th Sep 2008, 15:02
Thanks to Scamps and Aircraft Operations.

Now I'll definately go back to him arrmed with the facts :) and put him straight on the matter.

The only fact that he got right was the one about PIA being fined for low flying!

Cheers again!:):ok: