PDA

View Full Version : CPL training in Portugal

Frisian Dream
4th Sep 2008, 08:33
Hi, has anyone recent experience with flightschools ( eg AAE and Gestair) in Portugal offering a modular CPL (A) course, especially with regards to quality, price, and availability of planes and instructors?

I have a JAA PPL and I'm almost done with ATPL theory ( distance) and am planning to go in December / January to Portugal for the CPL.

Any advice is welcome ! Thanks

32SQDN
4th Sep 2008, 12:06
I don't know if this thread provides some of the answers to which you are looking:

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/337873-ppl-portugal.html

Frisian Dream
4th Sep 2008, 18:12
Thanks for that link... I saw it before but it doesn't give much on 'experiences' .
Thanks anyway!

Dane-Ger
4th Sep 2008, 18:24
Have you checked out if you can do your CPL in Portugal if you sat your exams in the UK. The Spanish CA, for example, don't allow this.

Edit - you don't say where you sat your ATPL theory, you could, of course, be doing distance learning from Portugal. So ignore me if this is the case:)

Frisian Dream
5th Sep 2008, 08:31
Good point! I did the ATPL through distance learning and sat the exams with the Dutch CAA.
I know the Dutch NLS school has a contract with the AAE but it might just mean that flight training is conducted in Portugal but they get issued a Dutch licence.
I'll check it out.
thanks

Phenom100
7th Oct 2008, 13:15
I sat my ATPL'S in UK and been informed by my school that come 1st Jan 09 it is possible for me to my JAA CPL in Spain under the new EASA Scheme

Can anyone shed light on this?