PDA

View Full Version : A 330 Rain Repellent Usage Procedure

JABBARA
1st Sep 2008, 00:01
Hi,

That is from B 737-400 procedure (SP Section 3) about how to use Rain Repellent.

Rain Repellent Use
Do not actuate rain repellent unless windshield wipers are operating and medium or heavy rain conditions exist.
CAUTION: Do not use rain repellent in an attempt to clean a dry, dirty windshield. If rain repellent is inadvertently applied, do not use the windshield wipers until required for rain removal.
Inflight operation:
Windshield Wiper selector ....................................... Desired position
Rain Repellent switch................... Push and hold momentarily (one at a time)

Within those big thick 4 FCOMs, unfortunately I could not find a bit of information about how to use Rain Repellent on A 330 (despite a mass of useless info presented to pilot:eek:).

I appreciate any idea given

Thanks.

tom775257
1st Sep 2008, 03:09
If you get some on the windscreen when not wanted apparently Coca-cola will get it off nicely. Regarding use, dunno, don't have it installed on the A320s I fly, I assume the A330 would be similar.

spannersatKL
1st Sep 2008, 05:20
Thought its use was banned under Montreal Convention?

ZAGORFLY
1st Sep 2008, 05:35
if you esplain me how to post a picture or to "paste " an excell file I will be more than happy to send you the answer your are looking for.

411A
1st Sep 2008, 06:54
Thought its use was banned under Montreal Convention?

Yes, it was....however some of us still have it installed on the aeroplane:E

Problem was, the fumes will kill you dead...oddly enough, I didn't know of too many folks that were plastered on the outside of the windshield at 300+ knots indicated...in the rain:hmm::hmm::rolleyes:

hunterboy
1st Sep 2008, 07:19
I thought it was because the bottle of repellant was behind the pilots seat in the cockpit?

Man Flex 37.5
1st Sep 2008, 08:14
I think the original fluid was harmful to the ozone layer, we have a friendlier version fitted to all of our A319's which can be used in heavy rain.

MF

Old Fella
1st Sep 2008, 08:32
"The fumes will kill you dead" Is there another outcome if one is killed?

Jumbo Driver
1st Sep 2008, 08:58
Warning Toxic!

Rainboe, where are you .. ?

JD
:)

TopBunk
1st Sep 2008, 09:45
Warning Toxic!

Rainboe, where are you .. ?

Maybe he leaked and he inhaled the result:eek::)