PDA

View Full Version : tailwheel building time

agus
31st Aug 2008, 19:15
Hello everyone. I am a guy from spain and I am interested in renting (build time) a tailwheel aircraft in the U.S.. If there is someone who can give me some information, I'll be very grateful.

Thank you.

beachbumflyer
3rd Sep 2008, 21:02
Check with AOPA

sapperkenno
4th Sep 2008, 04:17
Don't let the name scare you if you're not into aerobatics! I fly with them and can highly recommend them. They have 4 Supercubs and 3 Great Lakes. The supercubs work out around $90 per hour wet.

Fake Sealion
5th Sep 2008, 08:51
Don't let the name scare you if you're not into aerobatics! I fly with them and can highly recommend them. They have 4 Supercubs and 3 Great Lakes. The supercubs work out around $90 per hour wet.

Even with the slipping Pound, $90 per hour for a Supercub is mindboggling to us Brits!

If only

IFMU
6th Sep 2008, 02:48
Even with the slipping Pound, $90 per hour for a Supercub is mindboggling to us Brits!

Me too! Good thing I only pay $50! One of the side benefits of my glider club.

Also check out:
http://www.pipercubforum.com/friendly.htm

I've heard about this place from a couple of work associates:

Skyhaven Airport 76N in Tunkhannock PA has auto fuel, campground with showers (call ahead), two mechanics on field, J-3 parts in stock, tailwheel training in a J-3 and a Stinson Gullwing for rides. Many antique and homebuilts on the field. You can land on the grass either side of the asphalt runway. Car available. Town 1 mile: Wal-Mart, grocery store, diner, Burger king, Subway, icecream, gas stations adjacent to airport. Susquehanna River access. Overnight hangar avialable. Email [email protected] or call 570-836-4800; ask for Steve or Barb Gay [Leigh Gay]

Also check out:

http://www.lightlink.com/ithnet/Orgs/EHFC/TailWheel.html

I'll have to ask my buddy Jim if they rent the Citabria solo or not.

-- IFMU

agus
6th Sep 2008, 16:22
Thank you all for your answers ,I will check out all the information that you sent me.

Gracias (thank you)