PDA

View Full Version : Poor Diddy downgrades from Private Jet

ACMS
30th Aug 2008, 07:20
Fuel prices are now so high even hip-hop moguls like Sean "Diddy" Combs can no longer afford a private jet.

The frequent-flyer Diddy has used an internet video blog, posted on YouTube, to launch a tirade against the soaring cost of petrol and pleaded for free oil from his "Saudi Arabian brothers and sisters".

The video offers a quirky insight into how even the rich and famous are feeling the pinch from rising global oil prices — albeit from the cost of maintaining über luxurious personal airplanes.

Combs said he is now flying on commercial airlines instead of in his private jet.

He said the private jet costs him more than $230,000 for a roundtrip between New York, where he lives, and Los Angeles, which he visits twice a month to pursue an acting career.

"Even your boy [Diddy] is affected by gas prices," Diddy tells a hand-held camera as he boards an airplane in the two-minute blog.

"I'm actually flying commercial. I'm at the gate right now. This is really happening. This is proof that gas [gasoline] prices are too high.

"We need to do something about this. Tell whoever the next president is, we need to bring gas prices down," Diddy says before taking his seat and flashing his boarding pass to the camera.

The hip-hop mogul even makes a plea to oil-producing countries.

"I want to give a shout out to all my Saudi Arabian brothers and sisters, and all my brothers and sisters from all the countries that have oil.

"If yo'all could please send me some oil for my jet, I would truly appreciate it."

ACMS
30th Aug 2008, 07:22
So JFK LAX JFK is about 10 hrs at 1,500 kg/hr = 15,000 kg = 19,100 Lts at about $1.50/Lt = $28,662 for fuel.

So how come it costs him $230,000 for a round trip???????????

Fuel probably represents up to 50% of his operating costs so I'd expect the total trip cost to be around $60,000.

Someone is exagerating their situation a little bit.:D

ACMS
30th Aug 2008, 07:49
I worked out $60,000 for the return trip.

using about 1,500 kg / hr for a mid size jet
And $1.50 / LT for fuel.

ukdean
30th Aug 2008, 08:02
Yo, wats up, diddy needs some fuel init. Don't dis my bro, my bredrin can't travel on no passenger plane, man that is so rude. Stated by Tamika Chav, newly appointed spokes person. See the cut backs are working.....p.s Mr Arab in the desert please give him some nice a1 to keep him away.

cockney steve
30th Aug 2008, 08:53
UKDEAN-ROFLMAO :D

just because the "talented" Mr. Diddy is paying that sort of figure,-it doesn't follow that it actually COSTS that much :p 300% markup is probably par for the course in the entertainment industry.

I'm given to understand that these celebrities often have a somewhat tenuous grasp on reality.

FCS Explorer
30th Aug 2008, 09:16
all those saudi-arabian bro's and sis' will sure be deeply touched and help their brother-in-need. i'm mean, hey, nobody should have to travel on those regular airline flights with all the scum normal people...:ooh:

munster
30th Aug 2008, 09:33
i pity the poor passengers that will have travel in the same cabin is poor penniless diddy and his ego.:yuk:

ukdean
30th Aug 2008, 09:48
spoke person Tamika Chav has given a press realease... "Free poor diddy campaign". "my bro is in a bad way init, he is becoming depressesd by the pressure he is under when on da big plane wid al da ovar plebs. This is against da human rights of poor diddy. So we are doing da "free poor diddy campaign". Please give big money init..

toolowtoofast
30th Aug 2008, 10:09
i pity the poor passengers that will have travel in the same cabin is poor penniless diddy and his ego

why did i read this first as 'penisless' ??

barry lloyd
30th Aug 2008, 13:30
I'm given to understand that these celebrities often have a somewhat tenuous grasp on reality.

Some of the truest words I've ever read on PPRuNe!

Insulated from the real world by layers of hangers-on and syncophants, who, as other posters have mentioned, take their slice of the celebrities' not inconsiderable earnings without them even realising.