PDA

View Full Version : EPST

karlburgess
29th Aug 2008, 13:16
I'm sorry if I'm starting up another thread about EPST but the only one I did find seemed quite dead.

Just a quick question. I have been asked to attend a selection day in the Netherlands, but like CTC they ask you to pay for the assessment. I already have a CTC assessment booked. Has anybody got any past experience of EPST or know of any pilots who have come through this school? From what I have seen I believe they are quite sound.

Karl:ok:

MVE
31st Aug 2008, 17:27
Their students are trained at OAA and in Denmark. Difficult assessment to pass and they expect very high standards when on the course.

vangelisb
20th Mar 2009, 10:08
Hello and sorry that i saw your message too late so i dont know if you went already
but i will say my expirience in EPST for anybody else that wants to know

First of all the selection days are two
The first day you get all together in a room so you can get to know each other
after that you get a writen match test 2 pages if i remember well you have to finish the test in a given time .
When the test is over they split the whole team in to two team for the group asesment
The first group assesment was about a boat that was sinked and you managed to swim to the coast with the other persons in the team, what would you do first in coorperation with the othe persons in the team, you had to select some tasks from a paper and discuse why you would do that first by example set up a fire or you would build a house or find food
The second group assesment was about building a bridge with bloks that it would hold a glass of water on top of it you had some time to discus it with the other members of the group make some drawings on the board and after the assinged time you had to build the bridge without talking with each other.
When you are finished with the group assesments you are going for the interview with tho pilots with me there was a dutch and an english pilot

After all that you have to wait to learn if u past the first fase.
End of first day

Second day
If you past the first fase you have to do the compass test
The compass test is done with a computer
the compas test contains simple math and fysics test
a test that you had to keep the ball centered with a joystick
and the final compass test was the english test listening and writing the mising words in the computer.
When you are done with the compass test you have a sim test
you get into a sim of a small a/c and they ask you to maintain an altitude decent to an altidute with a rate of decent go to an ultitude again with a rate and some turns

When you are done you have to wait again if you had passed the second fase

PS in the sim they ask you some questions in order tou see if you are distraced
my tip DONT ANSWER it doenst matter if you answer right before that they say to that flying is most importand than anything so the clasing answer is please wait i am flying and when you are done with what you where doing lets say a desent and you feel that you can answe then answer

Hope that helped if i forgot anything i am sorry what it was a year ago that i was there