PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook Frankfurt Emergency Landing:True or overactive teenage imagination?

boristhemini
29th Aug 2008, 11:24
Daughters friend (stopping with us) just received a text that her friend has "made an emergency landing at Frankfurt on a Thomas Cook aircraft because of an engine cutting out. Really banged into the ground and emergency crews were spraying engine when we stopped. Going to be stuck here for 12 hours"
I believe it was due to travel from turkey via frankfurt anyway. East Midlands arrivals does show an Izmir/Frankfurt Thomas Cook flight TCX317L as delayed. Was due 02.25 this morning.
Daughters friend now unable to text back as her phone has run out of charge (forgot to bring charger :ugh:) and is obviously wondering whether friend is reporting incident accurately or attention seeking!!!! She did start her text saying they had crashed at frankfurt!
Any info appreciated
Mods, please move to SLF forum if you think more appropriate.

Beavis and Butthead
29th Aug 2008, 11:54
Very unlikely that it was due to stop at FRA anyway.

AMEandPPL
29th Aug 2008, 11:59
made an emergency landing at Frankfurt on a Thomas Cook aircraft because of an engine cutting out. Really banged into the ground and emergency crews were spraying engine when we stopped. Going to be stuck here for 12 hours

A text from a teenager which said THAT ? ? Amazing, because it is in good english and all spelled correctly ! !

boristhemini
29th Aug 2008, 12:19
A text from a teenager which said THAT ? ? Amazing, because it is in good english and all spelled correctly ! !

Hehehe!
I have translated and para-phrased (well when I say I translated it.... I got my daughter to translate it) the text so as not to befuddle some of the more lifespan challenged users of PPRuNe! (and I include myself in that group. My follicles are very closely matching my estmated time on this mortal coil!!)
Frankfurt shows scheduled dep of 02.55 and estimated 14.00, so at least that seems to confirm the 12 hour delay.
Just been told by little Miss Hormone here that the text specifically said "they (the fire services) were spraying water on the engine" which makes me think of underground mammals and himalayas.

fueldump
29th Aug 2008, 14:30
I heard the flight put out a "PAN" call. Cause was said to be a reverser unlocked.

boristhemini
29th Aug 2008, 15:30
Thanks for that. That would explain it all then. Shutting down, diverting and a very tired, nervous, young girl with her mind misconstruding events after landing. Must have been quite worrying for her.............mind you, she'll be getting free tuck from her mates for weeks when she goes back to school next week!
Thanks
Ivan

atakacs
29th Aug 2008, 16:34
I heard the flight put out a "PAN" call. Cause was said to be a reverser unlocked.

I'm pretty sure that they don't fly Mad Dogs... :mad:

More seriously any idea of type involved and actual problem ?!

RingwaySam
29th Aug 2008, 17:41
atakacs,

It should be an A320 - I believe there the only TCX aircraft based at East Midlands. Glad everything ended well after recent events.