PDA

View Full Version : Air Transat bankruptcy next???

Skydrol Leak
28th Aug 2008, 22:00
I was surprised seeing Zoom go down prior to Air Transat. Zoom had a better service and they have charged more per tickets so it is kinnda weird that it happened so suddenly.
I assume Air Transat will probably be the next victim here. They have cut down on maintenance a long time before fuel has hit the $100 mark ,so i don't see the current situation get any better with them. Loosing rudders and gliding into Lajes with other maintenance problems + let's top that up with fuel it is probably on a waiting list to bankruptcy...
Westjet is looking as only real market holder in Canada,beside AC which needed a German slap and discipline in management couple of years ago when almost went bankrupt itself.
Thoughts?

Captain Caveman
28th Aug 2008, 22:39
My thoughts are you should not start a thread in the current climate after one Canadian carrier ceases operations by wishing other canadian airlines away and guessing "who will be next" and personally assuming the next victim based on your own experience or assumptions! Also making slanderous comments about maintenance etc.........unless you have 100% facts they have cut back on maintenance??????? :=

ehwatezedoing
29th Aug 2008, 01:57
I was surprised seeing Zoom go down prior to Air Transat. Zoom had a better service and they have charged more per tickets so it is kinnda weird that it happened so suddenly.
I assume Air Transat will probably be the next victim here. They have cut down on maintenance a long time before fuel has hit the $100 mark ,so i don't see the current situation get any better with them. Loosing rudders and gliding into Lajes with other maintenance problems + let's top that up with fuel it is probably on a waiting list to bankruptcy...
Westjet is looking as only real market holder in Canada,beside AC which needed a German slap and discipline in management couple of years ago when almost went bankrupt itself.
Thoughts?

What - a - lo@d - of - cr@p! :yuk:

Air Transat is a publically traded company, the airline component represents a small portion of the business.
And...ah well, whatever I think I'm just loosing my time here trying to convince someone with arguments like those above :rolleyes:

J.O.
29th Aug 2008, 16:36
I think some of that Skydrol has been leaking into questionable places! Like every airline, TS is having its issues these days due to fuel costs and a challenging marketplace, but the parent corporation is pretty healthy.

Rainboe
29th Aug 2008, 18:25
Skydrol, you're an idiot. Just shutup, OK? It must be wildly exciting from you idly choosing from your stupid armchair in your pathetic little apartment who will be next to go, but we are talking about service industries here with people working in them, and people using their services, and it's not all a bloody sweepstake for fools like you! Just sod off and try and find something useful to do, if your little mind can cope with anything intelligent!

gumbi
4th Sep 2008, 18:55
"Like every airline, TS is having its issues these days due to fuel costs and a challenging marketplace, but the parent corporation is pretty healthy."

Your comment is misleading J.O.; Skydrol was implying that AT is cutting back on maintenance because of high fuel prices which is ABSOLUTELY NOT the case, and although I'm sure you wanted the set the record straight with this person (if that is possible), mentionning that TS is having its issues kinds of validates Skydrol's point, at large.

AT has learned its lessons with Lajes. The rudder incident was completely outside of AT's scope of responsability. They did everything by the books.

This Skydrol character is obviously grossly misinformed and a pot stirrer.

And BTW Skydrol, look at the books... ;)