PDA

View Full Version : Egll Star.

L0wFly3r
27th Aug 2008, 21:51
Hi There,

I live in east London near LCY and i see planes on the approach into LHR and i was wondering what STAR or Approach chart is used while they fly over my house.

I know it might be a silly question but i have looked at the LHR Aerodrome charts but i can't seem to figure out what one they use. So if there any Pilots who fly into LHR and could tell me what STAR or Approach chart they use. I will be very greatfull.

Thanks for reading.

Regards & Best Wishes,

Richard C.

flaps 15 3 green
27th Aug 2008, 22:35
Probably would of been best to stick this in another forum.

Typically crews by that stage will be given vectors to intercept ILS rwy27R/L approach.

L0wFly3r
28th Aug 2008, 10:26
Sorry about it being in the wrong forum, Thanks for the information, its just they bank over the house then they bank then flying straight then they bank again, That would explain why the bank is because of the Victors of the ILS.

Cheers For the information flaps 15 3 green, much appreciated :ok:

Regards & Best Wishes,

Richard C

oversteer
28th Aug 2008, 12:05
Air Traffic Control directs the aircraft from the holding stacks (Bovingdon, Lambourne, Ockham, Biggin) onto the ILS localiser for the relevant runway.

If you look at the "Initial Approach Procedures (Without Radar Control) to ILS RWY 27L/R" documents on the AIS site you get a very rough idea of the paths aircraft will follow.

However the actual paths can vary considerably; different aircraft need different speeds and spacing from the aircraft in front, so the exact point at which they turn and join varies according to directions from ATC.

Be glad you're not on a takeoff path too! I'm under an approach and takeoff path.. can get noisy (not that I mind)

L0wFly3r
28th Aug 2008, 19:33
cheers for that Oversteer.

Regards & Best Wishes,

Richard C