PDA

View Full Version : Cabair - October course

louise912
26th Aug 2008, 17:53
Hi,

Is there anybody starting the October Cabair Integrated course?

rahul786
26th Aug 2008, 18:15
I applied for the assesment thats coming up. Ill start off by introducing myself. My name is rahul,im 20yrs old & im currently study at uni doing computing, something which im not very keen on doing. I have always had a real passion for flying. I wanted to start this as soon as possible.

I have no a-levels, which is i heard is badly needed in the aviation field. I really want to pursue this as a career.

I am saving up for the costs for the course. Is thier anyway into becoming a pilot WITHOUT having A-levels.

If i was to gain my PPL could i use that towards the Intergrated Course?
Would Gaining a PPL have any benefits at all?

kixters
27th Aug 2008, 19:49
Im hoping to start on October as well. Paid the deposit already.

BerksFlyer
27th Aug 2008, 19:56
I applied for the assesment thats coming up. Ill start off by introducing myself. My name is rahul,im 20yrs old & im currently study at uni doing computing, something which im not very keen on doing. I have always had a real passion for flying. I wanted to start this as soon as possible.

I have no a-levels, which is i heard is badly needed in the aviation field. I really want to pursue this as a career.

I am saving up for the costs for the course. Is thier anyway into becoming a pilot WITHOUT having A-levels.

If i was to gain my PPL could i use that towards the Intergrated Course?
Would Gaining a PPL have any benefits at all?

Without sounding rude, I really do think you should research a lot before you risk a hell of a lot of money training for something you have limited knowledge of. As long as you have a licence airlines will not care. However, that's if anyone's hiring this time next year, and one very much doubts anyone will be. It isn't as simple as training and getting a job, it really is a long hard slog.

I recommend you read up on integrated courses. You bypass gaining a PPL by doing one, hence a PPL will not count towards the course. It is advisable however to get some flying experience before starting (if you've not flown light aircraft before) as a lot of people realise flying really isn't for them having thrown away £60, 000+!

XXPLOD
28th Aug 2008, 09:42
Rahul - one question - how did you get on to a degree course in computing without A-Levels or their international equivalent? My degree is not in computing but I would envisage that if you have the academic ability to complete a computing degree, ATPL theory should not be a huge problem with the appropriate support.

SefonSA
28th Aug 2008, 10:38
Hello Louise & Kixters

I hope to be on the halloween course too! But waiting on all the finances to be sorted - HSBC application.

I plan to stay at my grandfathers (15 miles away), where will you guys be staying?

Done any precourse homework? I have just been brushing up on my physics.

Hope to see you there

louise912
28th Aug 2008, 15:03
Hi SefonSA,

I've been doing Maths and Physics and I've also bought some study books from the PPL syllabus, just working through those at the moment.

I'm hoping to stay in the Lanchester Halls of residence, I also want to try and get back home at weekends to see my dogs!

See you there.

SefonSA
30th Aug 2008, 00:55
Hello Louise

I have already got my ppl so will be be able to give you a few pointers there.

But its been awhile out of school, and a bit nervous about intense studies.

Have you got any career/employment plans? This whole UK economic situation is getting me a bit concerned and wondering if I should postpone 1 year. I know its an international qualification and theres stacks of planes on order but... ...

Worried (by family concerns more) Stu

louise912
30th Aug 2008, 07:42
Hi SefonSA,

I'm also a bit nervous about the ground school, I spoke to Cabair and they said it's not uncommon for people to re-take exams!

The economic situation is quite disturbing, so my employment plan is to just take any kind of flying job going!! And if that's not possible then just any job to pay my loan.

Luckily I've got a partner and family who will support me through anything, but I'm hoping it might not come to that.

Have you paid your deposit?

Flightless Falcon
1st Sep 2008, 12:58
Hi Louise, Sefon

How are you's?

just graduated from uni (mechanical engineering) startin cabair integrated meself now in october,,, still have to get da loan in order from the big HSBC.., shod be no probs....

Lukn forward,, got a ppl, around 100 hours,,, ppl exams not hard at all....

Maths and physics is pretty basic in ATPL's,,, been lukn at friends books.. prob a-level standard...naviagation is as bad as it gets....

Kixters How are you???

livin in Lanchester halls meself hopefully... here catering is abit of a rip off!!!! :bored:

Deposit paid up and all!!!!

A tip from a few friends who are wit the airlines currently said that the groundschool is not about how hard the theory is but time management!!! Like your GCSE's.... IR is the hard part.... Keep that at mind!!!!

one of many resons i choose cabair... they split the theory into more modules making it kinda easier and also the glass PFD's for the IR

Emmett

speedster3003
27th Sep 2008, 11:54
Hi

I finished the Integrated course at Cabair about a month ago so if anyone has any specific questions just message me.

SefonSA
5th Oct 2008, 10:14
Hello October people

I still havent paid my deposit as worried about the bank pulling the plug, but will have to be sorted by the end of this week.

We will all be there on the 31st, if we dont have too later night on the Friday - getting to know each other! Anybody interested in going down to the flyer show on the Saturday at Heathrow, potential networking for future jobs.

FLYER Events (http://www.flyer.co.uk/exhibitions/London/)

PM me (tickets are cheap - I might be able to get some free ones & my cars a diesel so just a small donation for transport required - oh the joys of being a student again)

SefonSA
24th Oct 2008, 09:49
Hello fellow students

The bank sped things up, I have paid the deposit and will be there next week.

Look forward to meeting you all

Ps apologies about the last post wont be going to the flyer show as we will have some kind of team building day on saturday.

SefonSA
1st Nov 2008, 16:11
Hello Louise

Fun introduction day. Just seeing if anyone else from the course is on here...

Start a facebook group?

PilotNC
26th Nov 2008, 12:35
Hey speedster, congrats on finishing the course. I am starting at Cabair on July 3rd and just wondered if you could tell me a bit about your experiences there and your general opinion on the standard of the flying school?

Basically i have read a long thread on this sight slagging off CABAIR massively by people who have been there, and now I am really worried that that the school I worked so hard to get into and have pledged so much money to are not as good as I had thought. I'm worried that I should go somewhere else to improve my chances of completing the course and for employment at the end. I realise that people have different experiences, but as someone who has finished their course, how would you describe it? Would you go there again if had your time over, and would you recommend CABAIR to others?

Thanks, I appreciate your comments

pilotNC

Riz0
26th Nov 2008, 12:53
Hey,

Could you show us some links to where cabair is being spoken about in this way?. I did plan to go there, but soon realised there may be better options.

Thanks

MartinCh
27th Nov 2008, 01:43
how did you get on to a degree course in computing without A-Levels or their international equivalent?

It's called access course or foundation studies.
BUT, if Rahul says he's 20 and already doing degree, then access course isn't likely as I presume that most Unis or colleges (just like the one where I'm doing my 'refresher' access course) only take people of 'mature age' 21-23 /depending on part of the UK/ and up. Foundation studies more likely, like 0 year - specific access/starter course directly with the Uni.

At least access course is meant for 'mature applicants'.

on topic:
Riz0, it's all 'search' thing. Have seen such posts trawling through various parts of PPRuNe, but can't comment - no experience.

preduk
27th Nov 2008, 02:59
Hi Louise, Sefon

How are you's?

just graduated from uni (mechanical engineering) startin cabair integrated meself now in october,,, still have to get da loan in order from the big HSBC.., shod be no probs....

Lukn forward,, got a ppl, around 100 hours,,, ppl exams not hard at all....

Maths and physics is pretty basic in ATPL's,,, been lukn at friends books.. prob a-level standard...naviagation is as bad as it gets....

Kixters How are you???

livin in Lanchester halls meself hopefully... here catering is abit of a rip off!!!! http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/wbored.gif

Deposit paid up and all!!!!

A tip from a few friends who are wit the airlines currently said that the groundschool is not about how hard the theory is but time management!!! Like your GCSE's.... IR is the hard part.... Keep that at mind!!!!

one of many resons i choose cabair... they split the theory into more modules making it kinda easier and also the glass PFD's for the IR

What's with the poor spelling, 3 commas, no capital letters and crap gammar? Come on man! How do you expect to become a professional with writing like that. Were you never taught in University to re-read your writing before submitting it?

MartinCh
27th Nov 2008, 03:43
Preduk, I guess you're 'too old' to understand the concept of 'cool' for some :ugh: (= deliberately written so). Not that I condone such 'style'. You seem to be barking at the wrong tree.