PDA

View Full Version : SA CAA Inspector Arrested?

RSQ
26th Aug 2008, 14:34
Coming out of foggy bottom today is the story that a CAA testing standards inspector was arrested for fraud. Seems among other things, said inspector had told all and sundry he was ex UK CAA. Anyone know if this is true or a rumour?

newcrew
26th Aug 2008, 15:02
Fired don’t know about arrested

Perhaps somebody should advise our erstwhile caa about the benefits of reference and qualification checks?

spoon1
27th Aug 2008, 08:42
One got to love C J

Finally we see thing getting done at the caa and all the bad apples are getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar....:D

:E

Propellerpilot
27th Aug 2008, 11:21
I would be interested to know who it was, were there any names published ?

CALCULATOR
27th Aug 2008, 17:23
For your info the rumour is true.Can you believe its the same D--S who has been causing all the trouble with the BE19 Captains as Comm or ATP.The one and only Mr A L

The wheel turns and then bites you in the A$$.

Goffel
27th Aug 2008, 20:02
One wanders how an idiot of that callibre could actually bull-**** that he was a UK CAA inspector, with a JAR ATP.

But you do have to give him big brownie points for trying to get away with his charade......he actually believed his own bull****.

He even tried to con that he was an ex SAAF pilot with a year intake.....had all the guys that had been in that intake actually wandering whether they themselves had been in the SAAF or were they just dreaming.

But I have heard from a source that he was a car salesman at one time.....I think it was "Ta Ta" broers, ek is op pad na die die tronk toe.

Goffel.
PS: I believe he was given a 1900 "d" captains rating as a good bye present.:E

birdlady
28th Aug 2008, 00:06
This piece of news has just made my day.... no inactual fact my year.

As my nan always liked to say: Karma is a b**ch

:ok:

Propellerpilot
28th Aug 2008, 02:37
Thx Calculator - glad it wasn't M E - then I would have been disappointed because he (in my view) is an asset to the SACAA and knows what he is talking about. Would not surprise me if he suspected something fishy about his desk neighbour...

WhinerLiner
28th Aug 2008, 09:42
Just when I thought there was no justice in this world....
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

diegrootwitbeen
28th Aug 2008, 09:46
Apologies for jacking your quote birdlady..

Is A.L. not the one and same self-righteous d**s that removed my sorry ass from a "operators meeting" concerning 1900's? :} just to end up making a fool of himself...

HOOOOS THA BITCH NOW ???????

south coast
28th Aug 2008, 10:39
Who is AL, if its fact, there shouldn't be any problems to cut and paste an article which names him.

Williamdevilliers
29th Aug 2008, 19:44
Has this been officially confirmed? Anything in print somewhere?

divinehover
30th Aug 2008, 08:20
He was an idiot who could talk the talk but not walk the walk. Eg. Trying to tell SAA pilots they are operating all their types incorrectly and he'll show them how it's done. What a knob. Good ridance

Goffel
2nd Sep 2008, 05:44
Can you believe this one........google "Lyions aviation", (just check my spelling), and see what pops up.

After a little searching, you might find a great aviation company by the name of Lyions aviation who will fly you anywhere you like, will offer you employement and proffessional advice.

Flip at this rate, they might even offer you the exam papers for the next PPL exam, or just offer to write it for you.

This okie had the greatest pair of ganonies, in fact bigger than a previouse Commissioner.

I do believe it was in the Sat Beeld

But I do believe that the UK CAA have denied that this palooka worked for them, not so that he goes out the back door here, but he was so good there at running the airlines that they want him back, so they concocted a story to get him fired from SACAA to get him back there.

Brit's are funny people.

Ja boet.
Goffel.:8

King Red
2nd Sep 2008, 07:27
Spoke to the lad once. He said he was big mates with another b***s**ter, the ever famouse VB, formerly of JAR land and CAA.

Makes me think.

Cloudbouncer
2nd Sep 2008, 08:39
I suggest someone checks out his credentials in the UK, I believe he was in jail for three years before moving to South Africa.